• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barmy Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
These guy's are awesome. The spirit they show even in previous losses has been great. Cricket is better with the passion these people have for the game. You gotta love them even if they are taking the piss out of us. The respect they showed McGrath and the pink day was an example of this.
I only wish they could tour every year. A great time had by all, even in the members where I had to do the Paddington Gift.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hate them. I know a lot of people appreciate their passion but I just think they're wankers. I'm probably alone I know.

H

Hodgy

yep, it must be annoying to be out sung, out attended and out supported by the away team's fans in your own backyard.

My own personal favourite song is the Mitchell Johnson one.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The contribution of the Barmy Army to Australian cricket the last few English tours has been magnificent. Isn't it nice to see someone passionate about sport? And their fund-raising for the McGrath Foundation this week is to be applauded.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I love them. They can get a little tiring when we are losing, but they are a great example to sports fans.

I sat 'with' (near) them back in 1999/2000 (was it then???) at the SCG test and it was brilliant. Terrific people.

W

wal

I applaud them for sitting shirtless in the sun all day, getting burnt to crisp, drinking huge amounts of beer, only to turn up and do it again for the next four days as well.

In seriousness though, I like that they support their team no matter what. England has been through many tough times, yet these people still turn up and cheer them on. I have sat near them a couple of times at test matches now and they are never crude or derogatory towards opposition players. I do admit though that the chants get a bit grating by the end of the day!!

This time they do have something to cheer about.

Status
Not open for further replies.