• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beautiful Rugby Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
With its classic views of fibro housing? ;)

And, if you look carefully in the distance, the stunning aspect of Mount Pritchard? :D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Playford Park.jpg

Playford Park,Levin in the Mighty Nua. Athletic Clubrooms , where many a DB beer has been bought by Dan54, Da Grubstsa and no doubt Waiopehu Oldboy though not sure what beer he drank there!! Still probably my favourite clubrooms for having a beer!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
View attachment 7443

Playford Park,Levin in the Mighty Nua. Athletic Clubrooms , where many a DB beer has been bought by Dan54, Da Grubstsa and no doubt Waiopehu Oldboy though not sure what beer he drank there!! Still probably my favourite clubrooms for having a beer!

I may on occasion have partaken of refreshments at said establishment, m'lud :)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
.....and no one's mentioned Nepean Rugby Park, home ground of the mighty Penrith Emus. A masterpiece of a ground, tucked in the industrial backlots just north of Penrith railway station. None better. ;)

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Harvey Field in Cottesloe, WA. Surrounded by majestic Norfolk Island pines and a fantastic view down to arguably Australia's best "city beach". Fantastic weather doesn't hurt either.
Grudgingly agree that Harvey Field MIGHT just be close in rank to Merrylands RSL Rugby Park based on the photo in that link. So, there's two teams in Two Blues colours with beautiful grounds :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't know where this one is but it looks like it is somewhere around Queenstown NZ. That is why they build stadia with a roof on it in Dunedin.

22gTVkZ.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can't wait to see @Dismal Pillock's screen shots of Rugby Park, Pitcairn Is.
maaaate, Field of Dreeeeams.......

tennis3.jpg

On the other hand, the new Lancaster Park groundsman Mr Gene Gunston of Wollongong looks to be currently experimenting with some sort of cost-cutting gravel-based gravel-upon-gravel turf hybrid.......

1455848336456.jpg

"Yeah mate. Straight from the quarry."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
(The Oval in the 'Naki has a pretty good backdrop. Currently Yarrows Stadium but previously known by the more pragmatic kiwi name of Rugby Park.)
HJ it will always be Rugby Park, Yarrow is the name of a bread baked up that way, although yarrows have always strongly supported rugby. Training at that park and gazing up at Mt Taranaki (ie Egmont) once moved Bob Dwyer to say no wonder kiwis are so bloody good at rugby with places like this to train and play.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
While not as spectacular as the South Island grounds, I find TSS Village Green very pleasant to watch rugby at (both temperature and scenery wise)

20386407312_0585c4aa7f_b_d.jpg

Or the river ovals have a different feel

17677127644_d9af79be82_b_d.jpg

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I went to Rugby School last year and thought the grounds there were magnificent.

Where Nedlands play here in Perth is a beautiful ground by the Swan River and I certainly enjoyed fronting up there. My old club University also had a nice pitch (when dry) at what was known as Riley Oval back in the day and surrounded by some of the original sandstone uni buildings.

Stellenbosch has some beautiful grounds too and I enjoyed wandering around town taking them in.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Snow capped Ben Nevis mountain overlooking Lochaber rugby ground in Fort William provided me a memorable image whilst refereeing in Scotland several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.