• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beautiful Rugby Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Queenstown, I think. The airport is to the right just out of shot: I've never flown in or out but wifey's cousin & her family have & they reckon it's the scariest thing they did on their trip which included the Shotover Jet & A J Hackett bungy.
99.9% sure it is Queenstown. I've visited the area many times and those mountains look very familiar.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Queenstown, I think. The airport is to the right just out of shot: I've never flown in or out but wifey's cousin & her family have & they reckon it's the scariest thing they did on their trip which included the Shotover Jet & A J Hackett bungy.

yeah Queenstown,remarkables in the background & as Waiopehu oldboy says-situated near the airport

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kiama Showgrounds, where they hold the Kiama Sevens (This years version will be held on Feb 27 2016), and home of Kiama Rugby Club is a pretty nice spot.
aerial-shot-kiama-showground.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Current Governor General, General Sir Peter Cosgrove, installed Rugby Goal Posts at Victoria Barracks in Sydney when he was in charge there circa 2000.
Since then the Waratahs and Wallabies have trained there from time to time, and inter-service matches have also been played in front of the historic buildings.
(VB)%20Victoria%20Barracks%20(c).JPG

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Can definitely vouch for Harvey Field. I don't think that photo of Neddies Foreshore does it justice. And more than one kick has ended up in the drink at Neddies, provided there's no breeze coming off the Swan River - I've seen kickoffs go behind the kicking team's 10m line.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Can definitely vouch for Harvey Field. I don't think that photo of Neddies Foreshore does it justice. And more than one kick has ended up in the drink at Neddies, provided there's no breeze coming off the Swan River - I've seen kickoffs go behind the kicking team's 10m line.

you must have watched some of my kickoffs there!

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Only downside to Harvey field was standing by for 1s sitting against the wall after playing 2s in the rain with a southwesterly blowing in your face

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
...and no one's mentioned Nepean Rugby Park, home ground of the mighty Penrith Emus. A masterpiece of a ground, tucked in the industrial backlots just north of Penrith railway station. None better. ;)
Aint nothing on Womma rd, Elizabeth rugby club in Adelaide for a rustic industrial backdrop.
I walked past Chatswood oval last sat and watched the grade cricket for 10min, gee its still a nice ground.
Special mention to Carss Park where the now defunct subby club St George used to play.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Brockton Oval in Stanley Park Vancouver is pretty amazing. I had the privilege of coaching there a while back and every game I went to I was in awe of the surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.