• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Big Day Out Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Been away overseas for a few years and like my festivals/music events a little more chilled/mature these days but wouldnt pass up the chance to go along to another BDO if the lineup was right. But fuck me sideways do the kiddies really like this shit? Kanye thats KHANYAYYYYY west, rap bloody shiiite. Rap should be tucked away in some padded room out back not headline, he likes singing about smacking his bitch up and shit yeeer.....
Soundarden are fantastic...circa 1994,,,didnt know they reformed cmon 160 bucks for this
Then Kasabian, Brit festival regular but hardly Huuuge here. Then the lineup really fades away.....do the kiddies really get carried away with the hype, been a few BDO but it got steadily bigger from 94, seems the talent never matched the hype after the 00's.
Take?

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah she's pretty popular scene wise but I'd agree that the quality (unlike the fucking price) has been in steady decline for years. I'd say the last good one was the 2006 Line up.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I don't mind the lineup, from all reports Kanye was fantastic at Splendour so looking forward to checking him out. It's not my type of music, but then neither was Tool or Ramstein and I had a blast last year.

The quality isn't bad, these guys headline festivals all over the world, as someone that's been attending big day out for 16 years, I look at other years and think they can never be topped, then when I see video of it, I start to feel a bit embarrassed that I was into certain scenes.

It's nit the first year a Hip Hop act will headline, won't be th last but as long as they keep mixing it up I'm happy and feel like I'm keeping in touch with th youth f today.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Parkway Drive, The Getaway Plan, Frenzal Rhomb, Hilltop Hoods, The Living End. Enough to get me interested.

Would of been happier if they had someone like Rammstein or Tool headlining (yes I do enjoy the heavier music).

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
There's still a lot of time for bands to jump onboard or pull out.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Soundwave will announce 60 of its bands this Friday.

Hopefully it'll be good, so far Trivium and Kvelertak are the only bands I'm interested in, but have high hopes for some of the bands.

If Slipknot get announced I'll lose my shit.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I really wanted to go to Stereosonic, Parklife or Breakout (U18s), but alas, I am away...

Seriously though, Avicii, Benny Benassi, LMFAO, Bloody Beetroots, Empire of the Sun...... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.