• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Biltong

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Stan Wickham (3)
My mate's dad used to use the oven on low-temp with the door slightly ajar, so this might be an option too.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Oven on as low as it will go with the door propped open with a oven mit, meat spread out on racks, not trays. Works a treat, takes about 3 hours.

I use a dehydrator now, but the oven used to work fine.

This is more for beef jerky too. A mate makes his with just a globe hanging in a box with the meat.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
So I'm about to try and make some biltong with a mate, anyone have any experience doing it? We're thinking of just air-drying as opposed to with heat but I'm thinking Sydney's humid climate might make that a bit difficult.
Sydney climate shouldn't be a problem, have mates who make it here. Our climate is very similar to Cape Town, and Durban is much more humid, closer to Coffs Harbour - both places that have no issues making biltong

You can borrow my dehydrator if you grab it before Thursday (am off to the home of biltong)

Status
Not open for further replies.