• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Black Caps tour of SA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Mik en Moer T20 done and dusted and today starts the real cricket at Newlands. Excellent weather in this part and good news is that Newlands have a sell out for days 1-3 and only tickets available for days 4 and 5.

Proble teams:
Suid-Afrika: Graeme Smith (k), Alviro Petersen, Hashim Amla, Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, Dean Elgar, Faf du Plessis, Robin Petersen, Vernon Philander, Dale Steyn, Morné Morkel.

Nieu-Seeland: Brendon McCullum (k), Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Daniel Flynn, Dean Brownlie, James Franklin, BJ Watling, Jeetan Patel, Doug Bracewell, Trent Boult, Neil Wagner/Chris Martin.

Die Proteas test record @ Newlands since 1992:

Played: 24
Won: 16
Draws: 5
Loss: 3
Win %: 66.67%

Umps: Ian Gould (Eng), Rod Tucker (Aus), TV: Kumar Dharmasena (SL).
Match Ref:David Boon (Aus).

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Vernon Philander is damaging the Caps at the moment, bowling figures of

4-3-4-4

Caps 27/4 in the nineth.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Can we delete this thread and agree never to mention the black caps again?
Why? You are a proud nation, Taylor should be blamed for this. Expect more from him to rather run away iso show some guts and fight back for his place. Its like sending a Bok C team to NZ.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Why? You are a proud nation, Taylor should be blamed for this. Expect more from him to rather run away iso show some guts and fight back for his place. Its like sending a Bok C team to NZ.

Mate, I totally disagree - Taylor is a good man who was humiliated on an international scale, he probably needs the time off for his mental health. It was a mature decision from a man with a young family.

The Black Caps aren't as responsible for this as the NZC are, but I still might be avoiding reading the cricket results for a while.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Mate, I totally disagree - Taylor is a good man who was humiliated on an international scale, he probably needs the time off for his mental health. It was a mature decision from a man with a young family.

The Black Caps aren't as responsible for this as the NZC are, but I still might be avoiding reading the cricket results for a while.
Been reading this for years now and not buying into it. Country always first like your All Blacks rugby team. See so many young kids quit sport for not getting picked for whatever team and reason. Best motivation to prove them wrong and show them up.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Newlands pitch a joke. Too much movement off the deck. A team of Bradmans wouldn't score more than 50.

Philander used the conditions beautifully though.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Newlands pitch a joke. Too much movement off the deck. A team of Bradmans wouldn't score more than 50.

Philander used the conditions beautifully though.
SA total of 252/3 at the end of day 1 tell a total different story. The Newlands pitch like all good test pitches will always give something for the bowlers on day 1. Just need to graft at the start and get over the new ball. To much mik and moer short shite cricket these days. The batsman lost that art and skill.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Steyn got his 300th test wicket
cricinfo
Then it came and it was perfect. Pitching on middle and off, moving into Bracewell then away before flattening the stumps. The celebrations were less wild than expected. Steyn did not do the Brett Lee, he just high-fived his team-mates and stood with them in a huddle, wearing the fierce expression that can only be saying, "I can do it and I will."

Kallis got his 13000

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-new-zealand-2012/content/current/video_audio/599464.html

Both at their home ground.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
SA total of 252/3 at the end of day 1 tell a total different story. The Newlands pitch like all good test pitches will always give something for the bowlers on day 1. Just need to graft at the start and get over the new ball. To much mik and moer short shite cricket these days. The batsman lost that art and skill.

All pitches should offer some advantage to the bowling team in the first session. This was too much. Philander was swinging the ball and seaming it both ways. Who wants 'game over' after 60 minutes of a 5 day Test?

Status
Not open for further replies.