• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
If someone has a recording, I'd like to know what happened to pocock later in the first half. He was running to a ruck, then ended up on the ground looking a bit dazed. He rejoined play a few rucks later.

As for the game, same shit different day. Line out, ruck, tackling, kicking all sub par. Scrum, not good. Attack, mostly non existent.

I gotta say that A Smith is a freak. He has some friends in the ABs but he has taken half back play to a new level.

??? -

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
The story gets deeper

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 338

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
That was it, not much in it. I was trying to work out how he ended up at the back of our ruck looking lost

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
So what are the easy fixes for the Boks and Pumas.
Discipline
Line outs
Defence, not so easy fix
Fitness
Speed
Chieka's Rugby smarts
Catching
Scoring try's

K

KAOPointman

Some of my key moments as a WALLABY supporter!
Quade first 3 attacking kicks great.
Foley ashley-cooper and Moore all slipping off early tackles.
Ref penalizes Aus attacking scrum for offside?unlucky??
2nd try fekitoa tripped Kerevi to make the space open up.unlucky again???can't blame DHP and cooper for not tackling someone else's marked player!
Quade makes good cover tackle on Barret right as Reff busts pocock for not thru the gate despite both his legs back onside before he reaches for the ball.WRoNGcall.
Refs miss huge AB knock on at line out.
Blind ref ignores kiwi raking the face of Douglas directly in front of him.
Kiwis CHEER a wallaby as he kicks a penalty over 50mts!!!
Coleman to get booed for the rest of his career for late contact on Ben Smith. Plenty of wallaby commitment in first 30mins! Less handling errors and penalties then the kiwis but still way more missed tackles. Genia looks very good again. Folou proves again he's still the best in the world under the high ball.

Refs get restart wrong when savea jumps to play at the ball, but rules he wasn't playing at it cus he pulls his hands away :/.
DHP misses another one on one tackle leading to a try!(pretty sure FB is is only position at test lvl).
Stupid Reff points advantage for a kiwi infringement ......then let's play go tricking Moore to penalize the other way :/.
DHP misses another one on one tackle, leading to a try!
Foley again doesn't reach touch with a penalty kick!
Reece hodge misses an EASY one on one tackle on Coles.
Noticed after Reff warns us for repeated infringements after only TWO hinging scrums....hahahaha, then proceeds to AGAIN not listen/talk to the wallaby captain despite listening to multiple kiwi "players" many times throughout the game!
Folou and cooper easily our best backs. TPN made good metres aswell. Much better showing by the wallabies. ABs deff put in the ruthless show they wanted! Still enjoyed the match!!!

G

galumay

Its sad to see a team that is so dominant on the field, engage in ugly foul play like the Cole's face grabbing and the Cane push on Pocock. I know we dont have the high moral ground on cheap shots, but that sort of crap has no place in the game from any side.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I hate referee bashing, but Poite was pretty ordinary tonight, especially around certain aspects of fould play, and the breakdown penalties in the New Zealand red zone in the 1st half.

That said, that nost certainly did not cost us the game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Its sad to see a team that is so dominant on the field, engage in ugly foul play like the Cole's face grabbing and the Cane push on Pocock. I know we dont have the high moral ground on cheap shots, but that sort of crap has no place in the game from any side.

Franks I think.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
^^ So your key moments were every single time the Wallabies were penalised and the All Blacks were not? And missed tackles.

K

KAOPointman

It seems people missed pocock getting his legs grabbed as he moved away from a ruck pulling him to the ground. Now.....the ball was well clear and the ruck was clearly over. Pretty dirty play! Anyone would think Ritchie was hiding in there somewhere ;)

M

Moono75

For mine, based on that performance its time to burn bridges and make the hard calls. Both coaching and player wise.

There are guys that have been in the team for too long and whilst they might be good enough to take us to number 2 in the world, they are never going to improve enough to take us the extra step to number 1. And that is surley our goal. Moore, Skelton, Mumm, Simmons, Genia, Cooper, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), TPN, To'omua its time to call it a day.

Time to take the pain and go through a period of tough rebuilding rather than the constant recycling of players. The lack of so called reliable and proven backups should not be an excuse to maintain the status quo for guys that have proven they aren't up to the job year after year.

The current incumbents have too much physical and psychological baggage infecting their mindset to turn things around against the AB's. Id rather see a bunch of unproven hard chargers come in and give their all, unencumbered by a long history of defeat against the only team that matters in world rugby.

Cheika has proven he has no ability to adapt and make the adjustments required to progress. Too set in his ways and lacking the ability to think on the fly. Its pretty much his way or the highway.

For mine, the Coleman yellow card was one of the highlights of the game because whilst it was marginally late he had the right mindset in that he was going to make the guy earn it.....think again next time.

Sorry to say I have no confidence based on those games that we have any chance against the Boks or the Pumas and as an Australian that makes me farken sad!

K

KAOPointman

^^ So your key moments were every single time the Wallabies were penalised and the All Blacks were not? And missed tackles.
If your unfairly penalised.....NOT penalised......miss a tackle.....commit foul play......get away with foul play, all these things lead to opportunities, points or possession changes......which often lead to points...again! At worst, field position!
They are certainly the types of KEY moments that happen in games.....and this game was full of them, as highlighted.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
For mine, based on that performance its time to burn bridges and make the hard calls. Both coaching and player wise.

There are guys that have been in the team for too long and whilst they might be good enough to take us to number 2 in the world, they are never going to improve enough to take us the extra step to number 1. And that is surley our goal. Moore, Skelton, Mumm, Simmons, Genia, Cooper, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), TPN, To'omua its time to call it a day.

Time to take the pain and go through a period of tough rebuilding rather than the constant recycling of players. The lack of so called reliable and proven backups should not be an excuse to maintain the status quo for guys that have proven they aren't up to the job year after year.

The current incumbents have too much physical and psychological baggage infecting their mindset to turn things around against the AB's. Id rather see a bunch of unproven hard chargers come in and give their all, unencumbered by a long history of defeat against the only team that matters in world rugby.

Cheika has proven he has no ability to adapt and make the adjustments required to progress. Too set in his ways and lacking the ability to think on the fly. Its pretty much his way or the highway.

For mine, the Coleman yellow card was one of the highlights of the game because whilst it was marginally late he had the right mindset in that he was going to make the guy earn it...think again next time.

Sorry to say I have no confidence based on those games that we have any chance against the Boks or the Pumas and as an Australian that makes me farken sad!
Pretty much disagree with all of that. Please nominate a replacement for all of your 'has beens' notwithstanding that a few of them weren't playing anyway.

As for colemans tackle..

Status
Not open for further replies.