• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Ummm.. Has not happened since amateur days. The last player to play for the Wallabies not on some sort of contract/ Super level etc was Steve Merrick, and he showed in his two tests to be a far better half than Gregan who replaced.

Its a relative statement anyway. Full time professionals against fulltime pros, opposed to blokes with real jobs who can pass and actually hold onto the ball against their pier group.

I get your sentiment, but the standard is really not anywhere close these days. The intensity, speed, skill is all a step up.
 The majority of those Gordon & Eastwood players would have been well and truly shown up at this level.

Honestly, half the issue for the Wallabies is that we are up against arguably the best side in the world year after year. It's demoralising.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don’t think we’ve copped a genuine 50/50 call all game, which is hard to swallow when the ref is from the same country as the opposition

Well that no arms as the comms say was debatable but they should've been done for offside.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
We were always going to get slaughtered - read my prediction - we are rebuilding and with a toxic trans Tasman partner that does stuff all to look at bigger picture - nz rugby can get ducked - time to go it alone and look elsewhere in the region to create a better footprint.

Fu nzru

Yeah sure - it's NZ fault that Australian rugby can't compete o_O