• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe Ticket Prices: Suncorp 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Today, I bought my two tickets for the Oct 20 Bled at Suncorp. Platinum: $189 (!), Gold $159, Silver $119. These 3 bands would represent a large majority of the seating plan. Gee, I think these prices in today's economy are really tempting fate that total seats sold may fall and, even more importantly, total $ yield to the ARU may thus end up net lower via these very premium prices vs a more realistic price point for, say, an expanded Silver band. We'll see I guess.

The other 'softer' variable in all this is that these prices for top Wallaby Tests mean it's only the more affluent or hyper-passionate fans that can likely afford to come. Not ideal for 'spreading the love' re top Test rugby.

J

Jiggles

I think the ARU is banking on the 10,000 to 15,000 Kiwi's who don't really support any rugby in Australia but come out of the woodwork for an All Blacks test to snap up the 'cheaper' Bronze and Silver seats. When you're only seeing 1 or 2 games of elite rugby a year, $84 - $120 probably isn't that expensive for a chance to boo Quade Cooper.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I think the ARU is banking on the 10,000 to 15,000 Kiwi's who don't really support any rugby in Australia but come out of the woodwork for an All Blacks test to snap up the 'cheaper' Bronze and Silver seats. When you're only seeing 1 or 2 games of elite rugby a year, $84 - $120 probably isn't that expensive for a chance to boo Quade Cooper.

Good point Jiggles. It's amazed me the size of the Kiwi contingent at Suncorp this year and last for Cru and Chiefs games. And there are 'cheap' 2-night weekend fly-in-fly-out packages from NZ for these games which I recall sell quite well. Plus, finally, Kiwi migration to Aus is at record highs and a disproportionate number come to SEQ. I swear at my son's Brisbane junior rugby club, on game days ever third accent is NZ!

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)

Maybe the ARU could sell little black Get Cooper flags for $25. Theres a ARU top up or two right there. Add some It was McCaw Sir! flags for the wallabies supporters.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's difficult to justify spending $189 on the Bledisloe when you can pay $75 to sit a few rows back near half way at the Argentina match a month before it.

J

Jiggles

RH - I was back in town last year for a little bit and I went out to watch a lower grade game (I think 3rd) between Logan and someone else, and the majority of players and spectators were Kiwi. An increase in the rugby playing population in SEQ will no doubt benefit the Reds, and perhaps the Wallabies in a generation.

Ath I am sure those flags will take off in Sydney too. The ARU and NSWRU can work out some sort of deal.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah I got online last night ahead of the presale today to check the prices and was so pissed off. Those prices do nothing for the precieved elitist reputation that Rugby has. I would struggle to justify the $80 odd dollars each for a couple of bronze tickets, let alone sell it to my wife. And that would be based on the assumption that I could get my hands on some of those tickets, as looking at the seating plan, there isn't many bronze sections.

J

Jiggles

At least at Suncorp the nosebleeds still have a very good view. I flat out refuse to go to Olympic, or what ever its called, in Sydney because I don't want to pay $200 for a seat where I can see the game ok, and the "cheaper" seats are just woeful.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah don't get me wrong, there is not a bad seat in the place but my Reds seats are brilliant so it sucks when I have to opt for the "cheap" seats.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
We went to buy our usual cheap behind the gold post seats at $89 only to find they ate now silver and bronze seats are in the corner. Last time I sat in the corner I nearly got chucked out for threatening the batfisted kiwi tool who kept standing up to look at the crowd behind him so the boss bought the expensive tickets cost us $50 more!

Sent using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Guys, what I will find very interesting is: ticket take up Bled Sydney 2012. These Tests at ANZ used to sell out at nearly or more than 80,000 in the not too distant past.

Presumably, we'll also have big ticket prices there. The Tahs are again in 'less than impressive' mode and local disillusionment with attending those S15 matches seems to be gradually increasing - to what extent will that trend and the 'disappointing' RWC '11 performance feed through to a further withdrawal from the historically stacked out and big-earning Sydney Bled game?

$ gate income from the Wallabies is obviously a big revenue element for ARU. If the local 4N matches sell comparatively poorly - and the Wales crowds have not been impressive so far - it will hurt and gross income for the code will again suffer. On the other hand, there's 8 home Tests this year........is that higher than the historical norm?........if so, the extra game numbers from say Newcastle and GC may compensate.

T

TOCC

I dont think the Wales crowds have been too bad, even the Scotland test was a sell-out, weather just turned a few people away...

Apparently the Sydney Test V Wales is sold out as well..

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The last time I went to a Bledisloe in Brisbane was in 2006. That game sold out inside of 20 mins. I missed out on buying tickets but ended up winning a double the day before the game by dressing me and my dog up like Wallaby nutcases and by teaching her to rip apart a toy Kiwi doll on command. :D Good times!

No doubt this game will sell out as quick. Looks like I'll be hanging out for another chance to win some tickets. :confused:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Myself and a group of mates usually head to NZ for a Bled, not this year, but I think we paid about $90 aud last year for platinum seats, and I know friends that were mungoes that I have converted to union almost had a heart attack at price we paid to go to Suncorp couple of years back.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That wouldn't be a bad option actually Dan. I would have a much easier time convincing my wife that we should spend twice as much money on a weekend across the ditch, as opposed to heading to Suncorp to pay those prices! :D

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Hoping to get up to Suncorp to see the Bledisloe in a true football stadium one year. However, when you factor in ticket prices, airfares and accomodation, I reckon you would get more bang for your buck by heading across the Tasman. The Platinum seats for the 2012 Eden Park Bledisloe are NZ$160 (about A$125). The cheapest are NZ$55 (approx A$43).

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Badger, where did you get the ticket prices from? I looked this morning and couldn't find any as they don't appear to go on sale until July sometime? I'm keen to watch a game of Rugby at Eden Park one day and a Bledisloe would be even better! Although I agree with Braveheart - fair chance we'll be getting beaten at Eden Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.