• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Canes R9

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
No thread so starting one. (no thread for a blues game last week either, what gives?)

Good contest going on. Canes not seeing much of the ball. Blues backs are firing on all cylinders and its an exciting game so far.

Piutaua is killing it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
No thread so starting one. (no thread for a blues game last week either, what gives?)

Good contest going on. Canes not seeing much of the ball. Blues backs are firing on all cylinders and its an exciting game so far.

Piutaua is killing it.
Why is barrett @ 15?
I would move him back to 10, assuming that's an option having regard to the bench and the bloke playing there now: he needs to be getting his hands on the ball more often and with opportunities rather than under pressure at the back.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Canes keep kicking the ball away, not a good move against the Blues. I dont get why teams keep doing it.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Great game by the Blues. Completely nullified the Canes in every sense of the game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well, shows what I know, here's me thinking it a shrewd move starting Pisi, one for his defence, but also because I think Barrett has gone well when he's moved back to 15 this year!!! Anyway Blues were very good, and when that team decides to go good, they bloody good. Defence was great, Weepu is showing just who he thinks should be at 9 for ABs, Luatua has impreesed me all year, will be interesting if Kaino comes back next year, and Ali Williams has really surprised me just how good his cataincy is.
Well my picks are sure running hot so far this weekend, if I get one more win ,I will have picked 1 right!!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well, shows what I know, here's me thinking it a shrewd move starting Pisi, one for his defence, but also because I think Barrett has gone well when he's moved back to 15 this year!!! Anyway Blues were very good, and when that team decides to go good, they bloody good. Defence was great, Weepu is showing just who he thinks should be at 9 for ABs, Luatua has impreesed me all year, will be interesting if Kaino comes back next year, and Ali Williams has really surprised me just how good his cataincy is.
Well my picks are sure running hot so far this weekend, if I get one more win ,I will have picked 1 right!!

I must be the only bloke to pick a Force win tonight and yet I'm still running at 20% success rate for the round. Week to week form is so variable!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Canes were outclassed against the Blues; this was another one of my tipping disasters as I thought the Canes by 4. I really am not sure what to make of this, the Tahs got served up by the Canes last week even though they played a lot of good rugby. Does this make the Blues a 30-40 point better team than the Tahs? I don't think so, but the variability in week to week performance by some teams is doing my head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.