• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Rebels R13 Saturday 5:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Second time we'll play the Blues away. First time at Eden Park.

Would like to see much more of Stirzaker and Jones.

Personally I don't like Beale. Objectively I can see the forumites wanting him in the side.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
when he's off the gas, i reckon he's great.
he just needs to get his head sorted. if that is the case, then he appears like a good bloke....but thar be demons inside.

blues will be deadly at 13, 14 and 11.

no reason we can't win this as long as we can eliminate whatever it was we were doing in the first 15 minutes last week and the last 15 minutes the week before.

when we play to script, we are a very very good side.......trouble is....

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
when he's off the gas, i reckon he's great.
he just needs to get his head sorted. if that is the case, then he appears like a good bloke..but thar be demons inside.

blues will be deadly at 13, 14 and 11.

no reason we can't win this as long as we can eliminate whatever it was we were doing in the first 15 minutes last week and the last 15 minutes the week before.

when we play to script, we are a very very good side...trouble is..
I think the Rebels need to have a look at there warm up routine at this stage. No other team seems to come out onto the park that cold week after week. I have had the seat pretty much the last two seasons (2 rows difference) and the warm up is pretty much the same as last season. What they do does not work so maybe they should lift the tempo.

Just brainstorming here for a way to improve really.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
english to start on the wing and woodward on the bench apparently
which means sidey remains
i would be playing Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 and 12 and woodward at fullback. he has been pretty deadly (a couple bad kicks aside)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
english to start on the wing and woodward on the bench apparently
which means sidey remains
i would be playing Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 and 12 and woodward at fullback. he has been pretty deadly (a couple bad kicks aside)
Beale is gone again, can't behave and must be the stupidest rugby player going around if he breached the rules after only one game back.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
This is a game the Blues need to make sure they win. I can see them taking the Rebels too lightly and getting done - they lost to them last year in Melbourne.

I hope the Blues are really looking to keep up the great defensive work from the last few weeks. The Rebels can score points but if the Blues keep them out and play their own attacking game, it could be a blow-out.

Please be a blow-out.....for the Blues obviously :)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
not hard to not have a beer
idiot
woodward back in!
I have gone to the pub many times and not had a beer, I can't believe he has f*cked up so soon.

I only play low grade club rugby and didn't drink last Friday because of a game on Sat and this guy just treats his employers, fans and any one involved in Rugby in Australia like s*it. Sack him now and save the money or buying players who respect the jersey next season.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Ranger v Inman could be the key match up here.
Blues Team
Starting XV
15. Charles Piutau
14. Frank Halai
13. Rene Ranger
12. Francis Saili
11. George Moala
10. Chris Noakes
9. Piri Weepu
8. Peter Saili
7. Brendon O’Connor
6. Steven Luatua
5. Ali Williams (C)
4. Anthony Boric
3. Angus Ta’avao
2. Quentin MacDonald
1. Tim Perry
Reserves
16. Gafatasi Su’a
17. Ofa Tu’ungafasi
18. Ronald Raaymakers
19. Luke Braid
20. Jamison Gibson-Park
21. Baden Kerr
22. Lolagi Visinia

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The RaboDirect Rebels to take on the Blues, at Eden Park, Auckland, 17:35pm AEST LIVE on Fox Sports 2:

1. Nic Henderson
2. Shota Horie*
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Jarrod Saffy
7. Scott Fuglistaller
8. Scott Higginbotham (c)
9. Nick Phipps
10. James O'Connor
11. Cooper Vuna
12. Lachie Mitchell
13. Mitch Inman
14. Tom English
15. Jason Woodward

16. Ged Robinson
17. Paul Alo-Emile
18. Luke Jones
19. Gareth Delve
20. Nic Stirzaker
21. Angus Roberts
22. Bryce Hegarty^

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Ged’s also played 90%+ of game time this season. Time for a well-earned rest and let Shota rip in.

In my heart I thought the Chiefs would blow us away last week and was pleasantly proved wrong. Hopefully they start with some intensity and maintain it throughout the 80.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ged’s also played 90%+ of game time this season. Time for a well-earned rest and let Shota rip in.

In my heart I thought the Chiefs would blow us away last week and was pleasantly proved wrong. Hopefully they start with some intensity and maintain it throughout the 80.

It's a crushing blow for Fantasy Rugby managers when it happens on a week when Stephen Moore has a bye.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I think the Rebels need to have a look at there warm up routine at this stage. No other team seems to come out onto the park that cold week after week. I have had the seat pretty much the last two seasons (2 rows difference) and the warm up is pretty much the same as last season. What they do does not work so maybe they should lift the tempo.

Just brainstorming here for a way to improve really.

But what time does the 60 minute fade-out happen if we increase the warm-up intensity?

Seriously though, it seems we can play 60 minutes tops - last year it was the last 60, this year the first 60, apart from playing the middle 60 against the Crusaders and the last 60 last week. These things generally seem to be addressed in pre-season, but maybe some sort of thing could be done over the Lions break.

Messing with the warm-up might help - it's not like the current routine is delivering consistent wins.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
It is good to see Shota Horie get a start and hopefully some more game time. There has been six matches where he has sat on the bench for the entire match and he has played just over 40 minutes in the 4 games he has got on the park.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Going to need to improve your goal kicking JOC (James O'Connor) if you want that Wallabies 10 jersey.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Inman try after cough-up of ball from Ali 'I should really retire' Williams. Bieber missed again. 5-5

Noakes and JOC (James O'Connor) not having a good night so far

Status
Not open for further replies.