• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bokke v Wallabies version III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You lot confuse me even more. Heard many times in the past the only way we can score tries is via intercepts. Now its via good scrumming. ::)

No mention about Jean de Villiers make Mortlock look stupid. :nta:

7 out of 8 tries scored by the backs and Bekker's one standing in 13. In the past there would have been 8 tried drop goals and maybe 1 over.

Look at the Bulle effort this year. Nowhere in the S14 and now running from their tryline and on the win path. Ludeke was crizified during the S14 and now they still dont want him as S14 coach.

The game has moved on and the quicker the supporters get to grips to the game plan the better. They'll rather look at the skincolour and critize the person and forgot about rugby.

S

Sardyntjie

To be fair PB , we dont know how much of the weekends game was PDV s influence and how much was the influence of senior boks.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
NTA said:
Thomond78 said:
Be honest, lads, it was bloody awful to watch as a neutral. At the 18 minute stage, a little info thing popped up that there'd been nineteen kicks at that stage.

Remind me how many there were in the RWC final last year again? :nta:

That's the point. That was in a final, playing final rugby. This was in a normal game, yet it was worse on that front.

The irony is, I was in favour of the no back-pass ELV. But this sort of thing is actually turning me against it, because there's just too much hoofing from 22 to 22. Read Pat Lam's comments on it last night, and that's the opinion of a man who I'd respect. Unexpected consequences, huh? :nta:

Bray was, by the way, shite. He never enforced coming in through the gate once, and more or less left the breakdown to the players, because he clearly hadn't notion.

Sentiment correct - but the ref was Bryce Lawrence and not his more competent Kiwi peer. Lawrence just doesn't have a feel for the game and is one of those "look a moi!" types when he's patrolling the sideline. Best left to being a TMO if we're that short of international refereeing talent.
[/quote]

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
To be fair PB , we dont know how much of the weekends game was PDV s influence and how much was the influence of senior boks.
last week it was all Snors fault, this week its the senior Bokke and I expect this one. Myself never a fair weather Bok supporter and always have the believe in the gameplan and the Bok players and knew its just about time.

For me its not about Snor the person but everything about the way he want the Bokke to play.

Naza: Was pretty sad to see the dumbest Bok players decimate your most fancied, intellegent team on the planet.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie said:
last week it was all Snors fault, this week its the senior Bokke and I expect this one. Myself never a fair weather Bok supporter and always have the believe in the gameplan and the Bok players and knew its just about time.

For me its not about Snor the person but everything about the way he want the Bokke to play.

Naza: Was pretty sad to see the dumbest Bok players decimate your most fancied, intellegent team on the planet.
PB, your support for Snor is admirable, but you are kidding yourself if you think that style will always work. Yeah they kicked better than us (not hard) and the Bokke dominated the breakdown so we only ever had back foot ball, but those offloads and 50/50 passes will not always stick, and against a better organised and committed defence could cause problems. Give that much counter-attack ball to the ABs and see where it gets you! For some reason the Wallabies believed they had to kick it pointlessly back all the time just because they were at altitude.
I am not diminishing the superb Bokke performance, but just as we should not (and mostly did not) get over-excited after Durban, you should be cautious about the merits of Snor.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thomond78 said:
That's the point. That was in a final, playing final rugby. This was in a normal game, yet it was worse on that front.

This is the Trinations - unlike the habitual snotting of minnows Scotland and Italy in the "competition" called the 6N, there are no "normal" games. :)

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:

Im a bok supporter for life PB....I just dont think Snor has what it takes.He has won two matches in the tri-nations with A VERY VERY GOOD TEAM.......He should have won the tri-nations with the skill he has at his disposal.....

Win, then build , win , then adjust , not lose , adjust , panic , adjust , blame the ref , adjust.......

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
PaarlBok said:

Amazing how smart your guys got in a week ! ;D

Where has that performance been all year ? I'd still be worried if I were you lot.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
PB, your support for Snor is admirable, but you are kidding yourself if you think that style will always work. Yeah they kicked better than us (not hard) and the Bokke dominated the breakdown so we only ever had back foot ball, but those offloads and 50/50 passes will not always stick, and against a better organised and committed defence could cause problems. Give that much counter-attack ball to the ABs and see where it gets you! For some reason the Wallabies believed they had to kick it pointlessly back all the time just because they were at altitude.
I am not diminishing the superb Bokke performance, but just as we should not (and mostly did not) get over-excited after Durban, you should be cautious about the merits of Snor.
I am not judging on one game. For me the crucial and hardest one to take was the Newlands loss. That zip hurt BUT there were a few of spilling changes in the first half. If you take all the games we played from the start the signs are defnitely there if a big Bok improvement in the backline. A lot of not finishing off when the breaks were made. You havent not saw that in the past, even ball going to the wing.

Like every rugby playing nation every province have a certain playing style or ingredient he brings to the national table. Snor just have to get the balance right and I have no problem with the style he wants the Bok team to play.

Pretty interesting to see his biggest critics have a problem with the politics he got into the job or about his qoutes in the press but not many attack the way he wants the team to play.

Also interesting no one give him credit of the Bokke backline improvement from October.

I am a lonely ranger!

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
Also interesting no one give him credit of the Bokke backline improvement from October.

I am a lonely ranger!

Im glad Steyn is out of the mix...............

but seriously PB , he tells Ruan to f off back to the currie cup and make himself a position he is comfortable with , then brings him back as a utility back ( with januarie was there to cover scrumhalf ). :nta:

I think he lucks more games against the tri-nation sides than he actually wins. I think he wakes up each morning and says ........" Ja , God willing my foot will be out of my mouth today so that I can explain my gameplan to the team. And failing that I will not be crucified for my ideals because I am the first coloured Jesus that is a rugby coach
' , and we know that quotas make me excusable for all my mistakes..."

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:

I am a lonely ranger!

but seriously PB , he tells Ruan to f off back to the currie cup and make himself a position he is comfortable with , then brings him back as a utility back ( with januarie was there to cover scrumhalf ). :nta:

I think he lucks more games against the tri-nation sides than he actually wins. I think he wakes up each morning and says ........" Ja , God willing my foot will be out of my mouth today so that I can explain my gameplan to the team. And failing that I will not be crucified for my ideals because I am the first coloured Jesus that is a rugby coach
Please, please help me, I gave up. ::)

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:

I am a lonely ranger!

before you give up , I think Ruan is a class flyhalf.........Pity he cant get his head around the fact that thats where he will get gametime.

Oh , and PDV is not too bad.How bad will a coach actually have to be to mess up with the kind of players we have in the bok set-up.

Matfielf
Burger
Smit
Smith
Bismark
Spies
Ruan
Steyn
De Villiers
Habana
Bakkies
Du Preez

all very talented players.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie the problem with Ruaan & Steyn (remember Dick coach the Bok backline) is they got chucked around at the Sharks. The releasing of players to play CC in between is much better then falling out of the match 22 and only holding tackle bags.

The Bok backline only had Butch & FdP playing at the WC, Jean played only 1. Do you think Jake White or Heyneke would have picked the others?

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie the problem with Ruaan & Steyn (remember Dick coach the Bok backline) is they got chucked around at the Sharks. The releasing of players to play CC in between is much better then falling out of the match 22 and only holding tackle bags.

The Bok backline only had Butch & FdP playing at the WC, Jean played only 1. Do you think Jake White or Heyneke would have picked the others?

Jake would have stuck with Steyn and De Villiers , and he would probably have won a lot more games with better tactical strategies.
You can discusss players ad nauseum , but at the end of the day its the strategies employed that is the isssue.I got this feeling that the boks did it their way this weekend and ignored everything PDV had to say.At halftime PDV was in the changeroom with a pointers board and was discussing strategy.I noticed that no-one was paying much attention to him.

Look , as I said , PDV has won himself a years stay at least with this victory. The northern hemisphere rugby is so shite at the moment that he will come through the EOY tours unscathed.Lots of players will have left by next year to play overseas and so we will see a PDV team that is not a rembrant of JW but purely a PDV side. So lets wait and see.

Maybe we should make a stipulation that we should judge PDV on the Tri-nations next year.After all his contract is only for two years.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:

I am a lonely ranger!

Like you said. You are on your own.

I would love to know if the players played an instructed game plan or vetoed it and player their own on Saturday.

For now I will leave my judgment to the EOYT. It's going to be interesting.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie dont rate the NH teams and want 12 months, Blue want the EYT. Pretty confusing. You either stuck in the way you want the Bokke to play or not. Myself love the wide game , Blue the Brutes 10 men game, Sardyntjie something different. Maybe the right one is anything in between but agree with Blue maybe the NH conditions asking something different.

OK now next question to you lot. What credit will you give to Snor thus far?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie dont rate the NH teams and want 12 months, Blue want the EYT. Pretty confusing. You either stuck in the way you want the Bokke to play or not. Myself love the wide game , Blue the Brutes 10 men game, Sardyntjie something different. Maybe the right one is anything in between but agree with Blue maybe the NH conditions asking something different.

OK now next question to you lot. What credit will you give to Snor thus far?
He's funny.

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
Thanks cyco. :D OK I'll make it more teamwise. What did the Boks do better then in 2007?

nothing.

unless we are going to get all over ourselves about the House of pain.

wales was terrible , except for my hero Shane the Main ou.
Argentina was the worst side I ve ever seen.
New zealand was crap without Mcaw

No shining recommendation there

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:
Thanks cyco. :D OK I'll make it more teamwise. What did the Boks do better then in 2007?

nothing.

unless we are going to get all over ourselves about the House of pain.

wales was terrible , except for my hero Shane the Main ou.
Argentina was the worst side I ve ever seen.
New zealand was crap without Mcaw

No shining recommendation there
No further question jyou honour.

No meaning in try and put mine on the table because its one that will end nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.