• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Boxing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Classic stuff - I love Chisora's "Your entourage ain't got nothing on my entourage"* - World Championship Entourage Fighting - could really sell if you could get a De Caprio or Kardishian entourage to front up as well - could be bigger than the clash of the News teams in "Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy"

* Another one for the There Their They're thread - the double negative.

S

spooony

Haye is nothing but a blowed up middle weight. He is shyt. The whole heavyweight devision is crap. You see 6ft fellows weighing 250lbs these days which is fat boxers which is a disgrace. Reminds me of back in the days of Butterbean knocking out Hillbillies in exhibition matches right after the Monster Truck shows. A 40 year old guy is champion and he's only defeats are to the two best boxers he's ever faced. One was a Lennox Lewis, unfit, overweight and at the end of his career.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Was he on drugs? Surely you can't act like that much of a douche clean and sober.

S

spooony

Oh Chisora. He is a pathetic excuse for a heavyweight really. He could be glad he was not around when Mr Tyson was in his prime. He would have been in a coma.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Speaking of Mike I came across this:

'Mike Tyson has had his fair share of ups and downs in life. Once known as the 'baddest man on the planet' who threatened to eat people’s babies, the former heavyweight boxing champion of the world has now turned his life around. But the past still haunts the star, who has revealed for the first time his lowest point, and it wasn’t too long ago. Tyson revealed in a candid interview that back in 2009 he was in a hotel room with seven prostitutes, a morphine drip in his arm, a pile of cocaine and a bottle of cognac when he began to feel paranoid.'

Are we sure the movie the Hangover wasn't biographical...

C

Cave Dweller

Speaking of Mike I came across this:

'Mike Tyson has had his fair share of ups and downs in life. Once known as the 'baddest man on the planet' who threatened to eat people’s babies, the former heavyweight boxing champion of the world has now turned his life around. But the past still haunts the star, who has revealed for the first time his lowest point, and it wasn’t too long ago. Tyson revealed in a candid interview that back in 2009 he was in a hotel room with seven prostitutes, a morphine drip in his arm, a pile of cocaine and a bottle of cognac when he began to feel paranoid.'

Are we sure the movie the Hangover wasn't biographical...
Mike Tyson use to scare the hell out of boxers. THey lost on purpose to avoid him at the Olympics. But his greatest defeat was not in the ring but in his private life. If his head was screw on a bit better he would have had a long marvelous career. But he is still one of the greats

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Hmmm. I'm not sure why anyone would assume that he is innocent of that. The court found him guilty, since I wasn't there, that's good enough for me.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
The Man is finally invading the USA to fight Bronco McKart, I'm sure everyone else within 7 kilo's of this are worried. I guess I now know why Mayweather is going to surrender himself and head off to the bighouse. Mundine, you d man. What a fuckwit. The tool could have been an internationally recognized fighter if he didn't spend the last 10 years fighting nobodies in Australia. Great for the bank balance but laughable in reality. Remember this clown lost to Garth Wood.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...er-jrs-attention/story-e6freygr-1226359390292

Seriously, the Mundine camp, I don't know what to say, unfortunately there are enough idiots that will actually believe crap like this and pay for his fight, the only hope is he gets knocked out, but he wouldn't have chosen this fight if that was a possibility.

A rap war?
Commenting in mayweathers jail time.
It's just shit, how about laying it on the line and actually going after decent fights that have a chance if happening?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He is positioning himself to be in the same company/standard in the public's perception at home.
Only the keen followers understand that the guy he is fighting is some palooka over 40 years old.
It sells, he has made a truckload of $$ doing this for over a decade.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
He would not last one round with Mayweather. Not sure why he bothers.

Really? $$$$

He won't get Mayweather, but by calling him out over there he might bait another contender to pick up the fight for a decent retirement payout.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Maybe - just maybe - he knows that if he fought the top guys, he would lose, career over. So, he works on making money - which he has been very succesful at.

Status
Not open for further replies.