• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Breakout Stars for 2018 Super Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I want to know who will break out as a star for the Australian Super Rugby teams, next year.

I'll get it started, I think Rob Valetini will be making waves down in Canberra big strong skillful hopefully he has a massive NRC.

Maybe this thread should be breakout stars for NRC ..

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
Waratahs - Maclean Jones (if he gets some game time)

Rebels - Semisi Tupou

Brumbies - Tom Staniforth

Reds - Alex Mafi

Force - whoops

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yes. Staniforth has signed with the Tahs.

Will be an important player for the Country Eagles in the NRC and hopefully pushes for a starting lock spot at the Tahs next year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Really hoping Tupou continues to work hard on his scrummaging and can solidify his spot in the Reds starting side. We've all seen the videos, he's a game breaker and it should be his breakout year tie if he can tie a few loose ends together.

T

TOCC

Not really a breakout as he is already in the Wallaby squad, but Izaia Perese to stamp his arrival in 2018.....he will be a starting Wallabies winger by years end

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not really a breakout as he is already in the Wallaby squad, but Izaia Perese to stamp his arrival in 2018...he will be a starting Wallabies winger by years end
I Hope so his a weapon.. But let's see how the Reds manage him or mis-manage him as they like too do

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes. Staniforth has signed with the Tahs.

Will be an important player for the Country Eagles in the NRC and hopefully pushes for a starting lock spot at the Tahs next year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sad too see him go his a great player.. Should be a Brumby

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Cusack from the Brumbies.

Ruru/Louwrens from the Force, or wherever they go.

Haangana from the Rebels.

I really hope Stewart from the Reds.

Holloway to provide the goods he has so long promised at the Tahs.

M

Moono75

Waratahs - Maclean Jones (if he gets some game time)

Rebels - Semisi Tupou

Brumbies - Tom Staniforth

Reds - Alex Mafi

Force - whoops
Maybe we can add you to the "Breakout new d#ckheads for 2018"

Why would you even go there about the Force?

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Perhaps 2018 is too soon but Trevor Hosea is going to be a super star at the rebels sooner or later.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Based on yesterday for City, Lukhan Tui could have a break out year in 2018 for the Reds. Exciting to watch.

T

TOCC

Luckhan had issues with poor handling and poor body positioning when going into contact, but he seems to have really worked on those deficiencies...Rodda also played a good game against the Vikings

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Is Naisarani eligible for the Wallabies next year? Hopefully he continues to develops under whatever Super team picks him up and he turns into the powerful 8 we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.