• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Regs - what about the Ballymore Bears (I.e Koala).

Seriously I think they should not be Red clear break like the KFC T20 - Heat. Let them wear blue & gold.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
To take a leaf out of the Waratah's book - Brisbane's floral emblem is the Poinsettia. So how about the Brisbane Poinsettias - we could abbreviate to Brisbane Ponces?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Brisbane League teams of the 70's and early 80's wore white with red trim kit and the poinsettia as the emblem. I'm pretty sure the junior rep teams still do.

MickeyDR

Bob McCowan (2)
The Brisbane Nobodies - not a likely name as to a non rugby fan this will be over their heads and have negative connotations.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

S

saulih

Brisbane Lizards (as in 'Frilled neck lizards)...

...only because then they could be called the "Brissie Lizzie's"

or better yet...

Brisbane Red-Bellies - could start a new tradition of a Brisbane Haka where the players (and/or fans) flash beer bellies painted with red war paint.

Seriously though I think "Brisbane Redbacks" could work.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Brisbane Lizards (as in 'Frilled neck lizards).

.only because then they could be called the "Brissie Lizzie's"

or better yet.

Brisbane Red-Bellies - could start a new tradition of a Brisbane Haka where the players (and/or fans) flash beer bellies painted with red war paint.

Seriously though I think "Brisbane Redbacks" could work.

I like the Redbacks but we have to at least make it hard for the southerners to make fun of us. We will be known as the Brisbane rednecks in about 0.004 sec after that is announced. ;)

S

saulih

I like the Redbacks but we have to at least make it hard for the southerners to make fun of us. We will be known as the Brisbane rednecks in about 0.004 sec after that is announced. ;)
Methinks Brisbanites could own that accolade

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I kind of like Brisbane Knights.

Allthough a guy in silver armour in QLD humidity really isn't something that matches the demographics.

Be better to be Brisbane Boardshorts or Brisbane Bushswags

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
The mascot could be dressed as Batman. Although, come to think of it, the Melbourne team should be the Melbourne Knights and with their history with a guy called Batman it just works on so many levels.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
The thing you guys have to remember is it has to be something unique and not used by another team in another sport in the country. Sorta rules a lot out. I also reckon it has to be something that identifies locality wise.... especially not an Americanism like the Broncos! I'm a sucker for fauna so my vote would be for the Black Snakes, Bush Turkeys or the Bandicoots. Or flora wise the Banksia or Bottlebrush. Bridges could also work..... don't mind the Flood suggestion though!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Or a bit of a play on the flood thing:
Torrent (as in RAGING!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I really like the name Brisbane City Bush Turkeys. The fucking things are everywhere and are somewhat unique to brisbane.

Plus bush turkeys are rugged and plucky - just like the copious quality openside flankers brisbane produces.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
How much do you blokes reckon it will cost to attend these games?

10-15 bucks for a ticket and 5 bucks for a mid/heavy beer is most people price point I reckon.

5 buck beers and keep the bars open at ballymore after the game just like the old days. Build a good culture around this team and around these games and people support for the team will be a lot more resilient.

Status
Not open for further replies.