• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City v Melbourne Rising, Saturday 6 September @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Well, this one should be a goodie :)

Both teams remain undefeated and are playing fast and fearless Rugby. Both teams will be chock-full of super-level players, but this time the Rising a wandering into enemy territory. Weather is forecast to be good (22 and sunny) and I'm expecting another running Rugby match.

I expect all the usual social media channels will keep up updated (GAGR, twitter etc...); not sure if RedsTV or RebRadio will be over this match. One would hope so. To all the locals and mexicans going to the match, I look forward to regular updates with the usual GAGR flair.

Match-up wise I'm really keen to see the back three battle, provided the Rising remain unchanged and the three Reds line up for Brisbane. i know the Inman/Kerevi battle will be interesting, but those backrowers going toe-to-toe will be the clincher for me. This will be a big step for Jones at blindside playing against quality (read: super level) flanker opposition, same for McMahon. Lopeti I expect will ahve the measure of Schatz, especially in physicality department.

Match preview written by the Rising/Rebels media unit:

http://melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/brisbane-city-v-melbourne-rising-preview-nrc-round-2

Rising by 10 points.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
this will be live streamed, as all Brisbane and QLD Country games are, on the Reds web site.

Genia to play half a game, but with Frisby playing so well (this looser footy really suits him) I hope that's a good thing.

Also Gill, Browning and Schatz hopefully back? Kerevi too.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Hopefully we'll see gill out there, this comp looks tailor made for a good pilfering 7. Will be very interested to see if Lopeti keeps his form, he'll face stiffer competition then the first two rounds.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Be interesting to see if the Rising end up going in unchanged again, given the 5 day turnaround after back to back away games.

Interested in seeing how blokes like Jeffries, Timani, Sefa and JK go against stiffer opposition.

Rising by 13.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Dare same some smart rotation will be in order. Reckon Tom Sexton will start, perhaps let Luke Jones start from the bench. In the backs I really don't know.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Has there been any further word since last weekend about Kerevi's late withdrawal? Is he injured still?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't know how to post an instagram clip here but GPS rugby uploaded a video of him doing one of those verticle leap from a standing start things that I reckon must be about 5 feet high? At this stage, I'd say he's fit for this weekend.

Will be interesting to see if he plays 12 or 13.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I don't know how to post an instagram clip here but GPS rugby uploaded a video of him doing one of those verticle leap from a standing start things that I reckon must be about 5 feet high? At this stage, I'd say he's fit for this weekend.

Will be interesting to see if he plays 12 or 13.

XenForo doesn't allow you to add IG clips. I'd just add the link to the clip.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I was very impressed with Gunn last week surely he won't lose a starting spot even with Gill back in the equation.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I was very impressed with Gunn last week surely he won't lose a starting spot even with Gill back in the equation.
He likely will, gill was super human in the premier rugby finals. Should still get good time off of the bench though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Unless Browning has recovered quickly, he is still a week or two away I think - initial prognosis was reported as 4 weeks.

T

Train Without a Station

I really hope - once fit- Browning is played at 8 and Schatz at 6. Schatz offers just as much at 6 and him playing at 8 is at the expense of developing a player who will likely be a better 8 in the long term.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
I hoped that NRC for all involved will be a great platform for young local players to show their potential. However some clubs treat this as pre season build up to S15. Congrats to Brisbane teams not to get bogged down by pressure and use these youngsters every game.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Likely City team?
Paraka, Ready, Talakai
McDuling, Buchanan
Browning Schatz Gill
Genia
McIntyre
Rex Taps
Kerevi
Parker, va'alu and Kuridrani?

Is Brando back? Will we see any of Turner. If Browning isn't healthy one of Dules or Bucky to 6 and Kotze in or use gill at 6.

T

Train Without a Station

Why would teams choose club players over Super Rugby players if they are not better? I don't understand who this benefits. The idea is the best concentrate of talent. Not gifting spots to club players who aren't good enough to make it anyway.

T

TOCC

The battle of the pack should be epic here. Potentially a City 8 of:

8 Schatz
7 Gill
6 Browning
5 McDuling
4 Buchanan
3 Kite
2 Ready
1 Paraka

up against

8 Timani
7 McMahon
6 Jones
5 Neville
4 Jeffries
3 Alo-Emile
2 Sexton
1 Smith

Love it!

Can't wait to watch Kerevi play another game either, there's nothing better then watching a player bump off tacklers.

I wish this were the match of the round been broadcast..

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Rising team

1. Toby Smith (Melbourne Uni/Melbourne Rebels)
2. Tom Sexton (Power House/Melbourne Rebels)
3. Paul Alo-Emile (Power House/Melbourne Rebels)
4. Sam Jeffries (Melbourne Uni/Melbourne Rebels)
5. Cadeyrn Neville (Foostcray/Melbourne Rebels)
6. Luke Jones (Moorabbin/Melbourne Rebels)
7. Sean McMahon (Endeavour Hills/Melbourne Rebels)
8. Lopeti Timani (Footscray/Melbourne Rebels)
9. Nic Stirzaker (Endeavour Hills/Melbourne Rebels) (Captain)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Endeavour Hills/Melbourne Rebels)
11. Tom English (Melbourne Uni/Melbourne Rebels)
12. Mitch Inman (Southern Districts/Melbourne Rebels) (Vice Captain)
13. Sefanaia Naivalu (Box Hill)
14. Telusa Veainu (Melbourne/Melbourne Rebels)
15. Jonah Placid (Melbourne Rebels)
16. Pat Leafa (Box Hill/Melbourne Rebels) (Vice Captain)
17. Tuiatua Tuia (Moorabbin)
18. Cruze Ah-Nau (Footscray/Melbourne Rebels)
19. Pom Simona (Harlequin) (Vice Captain)
20. Sione Taufa (Harlequin)
21. Luke Burgess (Melbourne/Melbourne Rebels)
22. Lloyd Johansson (Harlequin)
23. Joe Kamana (Moorabbin)

Status
Not open for further replies.