• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City v Melbourne Rising, Saturday 6 September @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Second half humiliation for City there, Rising just way too good.

No idea what City were thinking in their second half tactics.

They will need a huge improvement to challenge again.

Rising now look strong favourites for this year's comp. Can't see a team come close to that level of rugby currently.

T

Train Without a Station

"Boys. Fucking so dominant at the breakdown aye"

T

TOCC

I think for next year they'll need to spread the Force and Rebels out more.

Why people were opposed to this concept to start with baffles me...
There won't be interest in the competition if the non-super rugby teams are regularly on the receiving end of 70point score lines..

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Steve's mike still on 'oh gee they were so fucking dominant at the breakdown, aye'.

Real life commentary . It's like he took a lead out of the GAGR guide to calling a game.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Why people were opposed to this concept to start with baffles me.
There won't be interest in the competition if the non-super rugby teams are regularly on the receiving end of 70point score lines..

Don't you think the scoreline here was more the exception rather than the rule? Bear in mind the first half was fairly tight, you can clearly see the brisvegas team really ran out of puff and it showed in their work around the field.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
With the exception of this game, they have all been fairly high scoring. Lots of tries brings the crowds to the game. At the end of the game one team is gonna make less mistakes and score more tries .

T

TOCC

Don't you think the scoreline here was more the exception rather than the rule? Bear in mind the first half was fairly tight, you can clearly see the brisvegas team really ran out of puff and it showed in their work around the field.

No i think this is indicative of whats to come, this might be the first cricket score of the NRC 2014 but in my opinion it definitely won't be the last.

With the exception of this game, they have all been fairly high scoring. Lots of tries brings the crowds to the game. At the end of the game one team is gonna make less mistakes and score more tries .
Thats fine, but the scoreline is indicative of the competitiveness of the teams...
Fans aren't going to want to watch their team play if they aren't competitive, like Brisbane City today.. That would have left a bad taste in the mounts of many of those at Ballymore today.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Big Game.

Big win.

Agree that the boys need to be a bit more spread about.

Perhaps the recruitment could instead be at the start of the Soup Season, raise the cap to 20 players, not take into account Wallabies, and have all the players required to play NRC (unless injured, Wallabies, or an International player).

T

Train Without a Station

Rising were missing 1 available player in Higginbotham. City were missing considerably more due to injury. Imagine how they would have gone with Harris, Lucas, Quirk, Horwill, Hanson and others

T

Train Without a Station

In addition to that Brisbane teams for example refused to prioritise NRC over super rugby not naming their teams until after premier grade finals and it shows.

Vikings and Spirit with similar playing resources are nowhere near as strong. Just maybe the Rising are well coached.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The 2nd 1/2 was an embarrassment, but they looked pretty good in the first 1/2.
Just add Quade,Quirk and Horwill and it changes things massively.
I think it's too much too soon for McIntyre & Gunn,and I think Shatz is Shitz.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
How good was Steve Walshes commentary lol. 'ayeeeee' 'geeee' 'ooooo'.

As for the game, don't hate on City, clearly Melbourne a level above and they capitulated second half. Melbourne a very good team that played well and coached well

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
1st half of the match

2nd Half

From what I can tell (only watched 8 min of the 2nd half) looks to be unedited.

D

daz

My green note at 7/1 for the Rising to win the comp is tracking nicely.

Not to put the mockers on the lads at all!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
1st half of the match

2nd Half

From what I can tell (only watched 8 min of the 2nd half) looks to be unedited.

Who's the bright young thing that puts together the highlight videos around here? I'd love a Steve Walsh highlights clip based solely on his muttering and chat with the players. Some funny stuff went down on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.