• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I presume it'll be on FoxSports, but it would be nice if there was a free to air presence.
BBL is over and the Australian cricket team isn't playing that weekend.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Wonder if many Wallabies/Spring Tourists will get a run, and if a few envisaged starters will be held back.

Could see some very interesting squads running around. Bias aside, some combination of Sefa, Fou, Korobiete, Engo, Dom and Hodge in the outside backs/off the bench looks particularly threatening IMO.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So this is the weekend after the 7s in Sydney.

Good start to the rugby year!

The only issue now is I was going to see if I could get tickets to the 7s for Christmas but now with the 10s confirmed and if correct each squad bringing their entire squads for not only the event but a series of trials. Which one do I choose? It might be a littlr rich of me to request both.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I presume it'll be on FoxSports, but it would be nice if there was a free to air presence.
BBL is over and the Australian cricket team isn't playing that weekend.

Fox Sports seems most likely. Though FTA would be by far the more preferable. Either way, the ARU need to be spruiking Super Rugby over both weekends regardless of who broadcasts it.

T

TOCC

Broadcaster hasn't been announced yet, I'd imagine Foxsports would be the highest bidder through

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Have to play all through the middle of the day to fit all of those games in won't they?

Don't envy those players.....

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Meh, 10 minute halves and unlimited interchange. I've played a few of these types of tournaments during preseason in Jan and Feb in SE QLD and for me the biggest risk to personal health was sunburn.

But overall it looks good! Will be trying to fit it in for sure!

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Have to play all through the middle of the day to fit all of those games in won't they?

Don't envy those players...

How do you think the fans will feel? With a Milton mango costing $10, you won't be able to stay hydrated!

Hopefully management will let the fans move around in the stadium because that Western sun will be scorching and the shade is only in the upper tiers.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
On the plus side, a mid-strength Milton Mango will feel like a full-strength heavy in the dehydrating heat of a Brisbane February.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The presale begins on Monday next for super rugby club members & Thursday next week they go on sale to the public

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wait, where's Newstead opening?! Caxton St?
67 Castlemaine St is the plan. So literally over the road from the stadium.

Fritzenberger Brew Pub should be open sometime next month to replace Casablancas, then Aether Brewing is opening in October in Railway Terrace near the Milton train station. So will be plenty of places for Reds fans to celebrate or more likely drown their sorrows next season.

http://concreteplayground.com/brisb...is-about-to-become-brisbanes-brewery-capital/

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Do you blokes mean to say it's soon going to be possible to get a decent (ie, non-factory) beer around Suncorp? o_O I'm in. ;)

Welcome to the civilised world.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies:

1 Sio
2 Fainga'a
3 Smith
4 Fardy
5 Staniforth
6 Cubeli
7 Coleman
8 Kuridrani
9 Speight
10 Toua

Alan Ala'alatoa might be better suited to 10s than Scott Sio, while I think the second row needs a bit more speed in it. Robbie Coleman didn't shine in the world club 10s so I'd be looking at putting Jooste into the 10 spot.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I am very disappointed by the coverage of the Olympics by FTA (Channel 7), where it seems that they are scheduling events in blocks of several hours overnight making it very difficult to plan the recording of those that are of interest, and then streaming events at a fee for some that might not be of interest to most viewers. So, FTA suddenly becomes pay for view but without the opportunity for Foxtel or others to bid for any of the coverage. Looks to me to be the thin edge of the wedge where sport will eventually all be pay to view.

I am not put out at all by the prospect of Fox having the 10s tournament and am very confident they will do a better job that FTA would, although that might not include the commentators unfortunately.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
That is convenient. Crawling distance to Gate A. There's even the disabled lift so that those of us who are munted don't have to negotiate the stairs.

I will certainly be able to bear those 45-point home ground losses a bit more cheerfully than I did this season.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I am very disappointed by the coverage of the Olympics by FTA (Channel 7), where it seems that they are scheduling events in blocks of several hours overnight making it very difficult to plan the recording of those that are of interest, and then streaming events at a fee for some that might not be of interest to most viewers. So, FTA suddenly becomes pay for view but without the opportunity for Foxtel or others to bid for any of the coverage. Looks to me to be the thin edge of the wedge where sport will eventually all be pay to view.

I am not put out at all by the prospect of Fox having the 10s tournament and am very confident they will do a better job that FTA would, although that might not include the commentators unfortunately.

CH7 has a link to the Olympic program without times!

Status
Not open for further replies.