• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Do you blokes mean to say it's soon going to be possible to get a decent (ie, non-factory) beer around Suncorp? o_O I'm in. ;)

Welcome to the civilised world.

To be fair, Brewski has been serving up some quality pints for around 24 months now!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Fair point. And Statler & Waldorf have a few decent brews on tap. But a brewery close by with a public bar on site's hard to resist.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great to see some innovation with product extensions of the game - built around short forms (following what cricket has done) to appeal to new as well as existing fans with another short form game.

As long as sides do provide their 5 best players should be a good chance of success and help further promote interest in rugby which it is all about. Makes a lot of sense to play 1 week after Sydney 7's as I am assuming they are hoping to get some of the international visitors who come out for Sydney 7's to head to Brisbane for the Brisbane 10's and build of the back of marketing and fan interest in Sydney 7's.

Great to see some innovation in terms of product development creeping into the game with this initiative. Fully support and great to see this sort of stuff happening.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I hope they play less than 10 minutes a half in the round robin stages.

Go to 10 for the finals.

T

TOCC

Funnily I played a 10s tournament a while back, we reached the GF and then the organisers told us the GF was 20min halves, by this point we were down to 9 players and had already played 80min of rugby that day.. So we spoke to the opposition who weren't keen on the idea either and had the GF changed to 10min halves. That's the way it should be.

Pool matches must be 10min halves, if you want the GF to be different maybe you could make it 15min halves, but 20min halves is excessive.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Funnily I played a 10s tournament a while back, we reached the GF and then the organisers told us the GF was 20min halves, by this point we were down to 9 players and had already played 80min of rugby that day.. So we spoke to the opposition who weren't keen on the idea either and had the GF changed to 10min halves. That's the way it should be.

Pool matches must be 10min halves, if you want the GF to be different maybe you could make it 15min halves, but 20min halves is excessive.

Another thing that many don't realise is that you still have to cover a fair bit more distance over 80 mins of 10s than you would in 15s. It takes a toll. But yeah, if they wanted to differentiate 15 min halves for the final would probably be best.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I cant understand why you would change the rules for the finals.

You might as well have one make the first stanza a "third" and the second stanza a "two thirds". 400 seconds then 800 seconds. The second stanza decides the game so should go for longer:)

Just have 10 + 10 for every game

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I cant understand why you would change the rules for the finals.

You might as well have one make the first stanza a "third" and the second stanza a "two thirds". 400 seconds then 800 seconds. The second stanza decides the game so should go for longer:)

Just have 10 + 10 for every game

I agree. It should remain at 10 mins halves. But if the did wanr to extend it then 15 minute halves would be a better fit.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
So I got the email from the Reds saying I'd get a discount to the 10's being a member. For my son and I to go and sit in in the area we normally do (silver) over $200.

I want to go so bad but I have to over come my tight arse tendencies. Who else is going?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They're only selling two day passes at the moment. Presumably single day tickets will be available at some point.

A bronze level 2 day pass is $100 for adults.

Platinum 2 day pass is $242 plus fees.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I assumed that was for the two days but still think that's a bit rich. Considering how much you'll spend across the two days on food and drink, that's a bloody expensive weekend!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I did a tour of the MSG last month and was really impressed with the food and drink options. It would be great if they had some individual outlets at Suncorp rather than one large catering company looking after the stadium, especially for long events.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
$50 per day for 14 games (I gather) each day?
I possibly should've prefaced my concern by saying its rich in terms of affordability. Granted, $/minute of entertainment it's good value but for an adult (or two) to take a couple of kids, when you add in lunch and likely snacks and drinks etc, then it's a bloody expensive day out and one that I don't reckon a lot of average people will be able to afford/justify.

Status
Not open for further replies.