• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You'd imagine that single day tickets will go on sale at some point soon and will be quite reasonable all up.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I possibly should've prefaced my concern by saying its rich in terms of affordability. Granted, $/minute of entertainment it's good value but for an adult (or two) to take a couple of kids, when you add in lunch and likely snacks and drinks etc, then it's a bloody expensive day out and one that I don't reckon a lot of average people will be able to afford/justify.

Suppose if it is a sellout then so be it.

Cannot see that happening. Thought it would be an opportunity to market this hybrid game to the masses not just those rugby enthusiasts, who turn up with their hand in their pocket, all the time.

If the crowd is shit, so will be the competition and coverage

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
It's for the Sat and Sun but the looks and not a bad price when you think of all that quality entertainment.

I might wait for the day passes as that will suit better.

Want to be there to watch (fingers crossed) Quade in Red carving teams up.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm super keen to travel to Qld for this. Can anyone tell me which is the best side to sit on (east or west) to avoid sitting in the sun all day?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Was the previous email checking that the sun doesn't rise and set in a different direction to everywhere else in Brisbane? ;)

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Pools for the Brisbane 10's:

Pool A
Melbourne Rebels
Chiefs
Panasonic Wild Knights
Waratahs

Pool B
Queensland Reds
Auckland Blues
Crusaders
Samoa

Pool C
Brumbies
Highlanders
Bulls

Pool D
Western Force
Hurricanes
Toulon

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
What's the format? Same as the Rugby League World Cup?

Pools A & B play everybody in their own pool, C & D everybody in their own pool and one in the other one?

Good pool for the Rebels anyhow, from a competition POV, not necessarily a win the pool one.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The Reds look in trouble in that pool.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Was the previous email checking that the sun doesn't rise and set in a different direction to everywhere else in Brisbane? ;)

The sun is an hour different up here.

Causes all sorts of havoc for the Transvaal Bulls when they visit due to concern over their cows milking schedule.

This is why the Reds have it all over the Bulls

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Too be honest until we see actual teams, no one knows really.

What's the format? Same as the Rugby League World Cup?

Pools A & B play everybody in their own pool, C & D everybody in their own pool and one in the other one?

Good pool for the Rebels anyhow, from a competition POV, not necessarily a win the pool one.

BRISBANE GLOBAL TENS – AT A GLANCE
  • Ten Australian and New Zealand professional clubs and four elite invitational teams will compete (in 2017 the event will feature Toulon, the Bulls, Samoa and the Panasonic Wild Knights)
  • Ten-players-per-side, ten-minutes-per-half, knockout tournament
  • Culmination of a week-long festival of rugby
  • 16 hours of compelling live rugby, featuring 28 matches played over two days
  • Broadcast live across Australia, New Zealand, UK, Japan, Africa, France and other major international markets
  • Held annually on the second weekend of February, two weeks prior to the start of the Super Rugby season, at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
  • Launches the rugby season in Australia and New Zealand
  • Sanctioned by the Australian Rugby Union and New Zealand Rugby
BRISBANE GLOBAL TENS RULES
  • The rules of the Brisbane Global Tens are based on World Rugby’s official rugby tens rules
  • Essentially a hybrid of the traditional 15-a-side game and rugby sevens, the objective is to promote free-flowing and fast paced rugby, while still retaining the physical intensity and enthralling forward and backline play that rugby fans love
  • Ten players per team on field, with unlimited interchanges
  • Ten minute halves, five minute half-time
  • Knockout matches drawn after regulation are continued into extra time, in multiple five-minute periods
  • All conversion attempts must be drop-kicked
  • Conversions must be taken within 40 seconds of scoring a try
  • Five player scrums
  • Scoring team kicks off
  • Yellow cards net a three-minute suspension
  • Referees rule on advantage quickly (where one play usually ends advantage)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Too be honest until we see actual teams, no one knows really.

BRISBANE GLOBAL TENS RULES
  • Knockout matches drawn after regulation are continued into extra time, in multiple five-minute periods

Do we know if it's then first scorer, or does the game continue until one side is in front at the end of an extra period?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I saw them doing the draw, I also saw Hunt sitting to the side playing on his phone, why there was a bunch of fans he could have been interacting with. Although granted I was there all of about 2 mins

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.