• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane prem final

Status
Not open for further replies.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
As an interested observer from the other side of the world, am wondering if anyone can tell me which channel the game is being screened live on, and also if any highlights will be shown on any other channel. If so what are the programmes called and at what times. There may be a small chance that the antipodean bars over here may be able to show some coverage.
Many thanks

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
I am not aware of any TV coverage this year.

Last year the local station bris 31 did it but it was a disgrace....not sure they are doing it again.

Certainly no major network will be screening it.....sorry.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Who's going?

I am unsure whether to head down there or not, fathers day, so would be good to take the kids out, but...

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Well, I might come down. I will dispense of my duties as a son in the morning and take the arvo off, I think my eldest daughter wanted to come, will confirm in the morning.

Beer could be OK.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'll be doing a match report so I won't be getting on it but a few cheeky beers could be in order

S

saulih

I am not aware of any TV coverage this year.

Last year the local station bris 31 did it but it was a disgrace....not sure they are doing it again.

Certainly no major network will be screening it.....sorry.

qru.com.au has been putting up the briefest of highlights on their front page... but noting more.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I will be going decked out in my Uni kit. My request for a fathers day gift was to go to the game and Mrs Jets has obliged.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm going to be there as well, my Fathers Day request.

I sincerely hope that Sunny Coast bring their A game and make a contest of it, but I can't see them beating a Uni side which is strong across the park. Uni will have to contain the No. 9 for Suncoast, he has been quite outstanding the last few weeks, and the guys outside him have been handy as well. Throwing the pill around will be Sunny Coast's only chance because no pack comes close to the quality of Uni's.

C

chief

Uni won it, maybe 19-11. Wet weather stopped what could have been a really good game. Not much to report it was just a dull and boring game. Disappointing for the Stingrays crowd, looking forward to seeing them next year.

University 19 (D Burns, W Tuffley tries, W Tuffley 3 pens) d Sunshine Coast 11 (T Cox try, M Stone pen, A Millington pen)

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
19-11 was indeed the final score. Have to hand it to Sun Coast for staying in the game. I think they actually won the second half. The right team won on the day though. Uni have been dominant all season and deserved the premiership but Suncoast was in no way disgraced.

T

tranquility

who was playing 13 for sunnybank in the last couple of weeks in the season? he looked to have some nice touches from the brief video that is on the QRU website.

Status
Not open for further replies.