• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I didn't expect Norths to get up - after getting flogged for the first 2 rounds I thought they were in for a very long season.

Uni were down 13-6 at halftime and scored 50 points in the second half. Ian Prior was outstanding in attack in the second half, and, as it turns out, also a handy goalkicker, kicking 6 from 7 conversions.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
mkking 12
Red Heavy 12
Saulih 12
Running Rugby 12
Jets 11
RugbyReg 11
Austin 11
Catriona A 11
spectator 9
higgers 8
ajf 7
Westcombe Ranger 6
twenty-seven 3

Above are the current standings. No one tipped Norths in what was a bigger upset than if Black Caviar had lost on the weekend. As you can see it is tight up the top of the table. Most of the people down the bottom joined late or forgot to tip but with a few upsets in the comp they still have a chance to catch the pacesetters.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Filth v Uni definitely the match of the round. I'll be at Shaw Rd hoping that Easts can make it four in a row.

S

Saders07

Jets - Mr referee sir, how about an average round score for late starters...to maybe attract a few more competitors, such as this one :)...?

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
Filth v Uni definitely the match of the round. I'll be at Shaw Rd hoping that Easts can make it four in a row.

Not sure who my son is playing for this week but he takes great pride in telling anyone who wants to listen that he has never been on the losing side to the filth, whether playing for Easts or Uni. Got an idea that now I've said this ..........

Ranger

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Not sure who my son is playing for this week but he takes great pride in telling anyone who wants to listen that he has never been on the losing side to the filth, whether playing for Easts or Uni. Got an idea that now I've said this ..........

Ranger

Nope - Uni won through the grades at Brothers. You're not Preo's dad are you?? :)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jets - Mr referee sir, how about an average round score for late starters...to maybe attract a few more competitors, such as this one :)...?

I am happy to give the lowest tip score to people who forget to tip or missed rounds due to a late start. Let me know if anyone has an issue with this. I don't want any problems when presenting the prize at the end of the year ;)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The ladder after this round and after giving the lowest score to those who haven't tipped.

Tipster of the round is Westcombe Ranger who managed 4/6 while mkking slipped down as he only managed 1/6

No one tipped GPS to get up over Sunnybank

Saulih 14
Running Rugby 14
Jets 14
RugbyReg 14
Austin 14
Catriona A 14
mkking 13
Red Heavy 13
ajf 13
Westcombe Ranger 13
spectator 12
higgers 12
saders07 12
twenty-seven 11

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
University of Queensland 20 (T. Tuffley T McQueen T Cox tries I Prior pen con) d Brothers 13 (N Gendle try M Smith 2 pens con)

Easts 65 (C Mansell T White A Toua 2 tries L Bertini D Fuller D Skelton J Wilder tries A Krelle pen 6 cons) d Norths 15 (S Tasi W Hansen T Hewitt tries)

Souths 27 (D Feao P Mafi A Anitema J Lafaele tries C Field pen 2 cons) d Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 18 (E Hagen F Bourke tries S Drahm 2 pens con)

GPS 16 (C Kuridrani 2 tries P Smith 2 pens) d Sunnybank 15 (A Wallace-Harrison S Seiuli tries J Hofmeyr pen con)

Wests 32 (A Cottrell K Hawkins tries B Lainchbury 6 pens 2 cons) d Rugby Gold Coast 30 (J Mackie T Hindmarsh G Melton tries R Morrissey 3 pens 3 cons)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If you went to a Red Heavies game you would have met Cat_A. Her and her sister keep the whole place running.

S

Saders07

The ladder after this round and after giving the lowest score to those who haven't tipped.

Thanks Jet and right on the mark with the sisters - every club needs that calibre of person!!

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
If you went to a Red Heavies game you would have met Cat_A. Her and her sister keep the whole place running.

Watched the pre-season friendly against the filth/scum/turdburglars/whatever you want to call them. Was she doing food/drinks ?
Ranger

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Her and her sister are the club strappers and have been doing the job for about 10 years purely for the love of the game.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Lot's of love for Wests this weekend. Only one person has back Norths so far.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Round 5

9 tippsters managed to pick the round this weekend.

With the awarding of the lowest score to people who don't tip it has made it quite a tight table at the moment with only 4 points separating first from last.

The current ladder

Running Rugby 19
Jets 19
RugbyReg 19
Catriona A 18
mkking 18
ajf 18
Westcombe Ranger 18
Saulih 17
Austin 17
Red Heavy 17
spectator 17