• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Actually, the Smith twins playing for GPS could be a consideration. Might wander down to Ashgrove tomorrow and see how they go.

S

Saders07

GPS v Tigers will be a good contest.....a good test for the Tigers over the next 4-rounds, next up Uni and Brothers

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Strategic Airlines Queensland Premier Rugby Round 6
Brothers 28 (M Felsman 2 tries L Beauchamp C Freney tries Dallan Murphy 2 pens con) d Sunnybank 24 (N Ah Wong G Blomfield R Setu tries J Hofmeyr 3 pens)

University of Queensland 40 (T McQueen 2 tries T Tuffley W Tuffley M Arvier tries W Tuffley 3 pens 3 cons) d Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 22 (M Blain 2 tries S Drahm try pen 2 cons)

Rugby Gold Coast 57 (J Monu 3 tries W Grintell 2 tries J Havelu R Morrissey tries D Nethery 4 pens 5 cons) d Norths 18 (T Johnson M Flynn tries s Vuala 2 pens C Gavidi con)

Easts 22 (T White try M Brandon 5 pens con) d GPS 14 (D Gorman try P Smith 3 pens)

Souths 33 (B Hamlin 2 tries W Tuputala J Lafaele W Tilgucaguca tries C Field 3 cons W Tilagucaguca con) draw Wests 33 (N Genia M Faatoe S van Tonder K Umu P Nelson tries B Lainchbury 4 cons)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
No one managed to pick the perfect round this week with the draw between Souths and West getting us all.

Also not a good weekend to miss your tips as someone managed to only tip one game.

Table after round 6 sits like this

Running Rugby 23
RugbyReg 23
Jets 22
Catriona A 21
mkking 21
Westcombe Ranger 21
Austin 21
Red Heavy 21
saders07 21
ajf 20
spectator 20
twenty-seven 20
Saulih 18
higgers 16

Higgers hasn't tipped for a few weeks so not sure if he is still involved.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Can't find a report on the Uni v Sunny Coast game - Any offers ?

Thanks
Ranger

I'm so sorry for the lack of detail and storytelling flair in what I'm about to write. It's very hard remembering what the game was like when you really only watch your own players and make sure they're ok.

The scoreline wasn't really reflective of the game. Shane Drahm certainly had his kicking boots on and they played a solid field position game. Their defence through the middle was good, and Uni still appeared to lose patience at times to lose possession rather than building phases. Most of our tries came either from the wing and/or late in the game. In fact, there were 4 tries scored in the last 15min (3 to Uni and 1 to SC). The Uni set piece is showing signs of improvement, esp the lineout. All the same, it'll be a big step up this weekend facing an undefeated Easts.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm so sorry for the lack of detail and storytelling flair in what I'm about to write. It's very hard remembering what the game was like when you really only watch your own players and make sure they're ok.

The scoreline wasn't really reflective of the game. Shane Drahm certainly had his kicking boots on and they played a solid field position game. Their defence through the middle was good, and Uni still appeared to lose patience at times to lose possession rather than building phases. Most of our tries came either from the wing and/or late in the game. In fact, there were 4 tries scored in the last 15min (3 to Uni and 1 to SC). The Uni set piece is showing signs of improvement, esp the lineout. All the same, it'll be a big step up this weekend facing an undefeated Easts.

Many thanks

Better than some of the 'professional' reports I've read.

Easts this week should be an absolute cracker ! Will no doubt get reports from Spectator next week as well

Ranger

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
OPh and forgot to ask - Is Denise there yet helping the Physios out - Give her my regards and tell her that she has a double working in the Pig and Whistle in the Mall

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
OPh and forgot to ask - Is Denise there yet helping the Physios out - Give her my regards and tell her that she has a double working in the Pig and Whistle in the Mall

Denise is here and she is fantastic. We don't want her to leave. Ever. :)

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Many thanks

Better than some of the 'professional' reports I've read.

Easts this week should be an absolute cracker ! Will no doubt get reports from Spectator next week as well

Ranger
Spewing actually WR (World Rugby). It's the Queens birthday long weekend here this weekend and I won't be able to go! Pity, as I think the game will be a corker. Forward battle shapes as being a doozy. Easts have a very tight no-name pack (and that's not meant to offend) that was tested against GPS but came through in the end. Very solid, very tight, and to date very good defenders. Uni pack has both size and class, so it will be a great measure for Easts. Backs would be pretty even I would say. Key for Easts is how Matt Brandon can harness the likes of Toby White and Johnny Wilder.

Hopefully I will be able to get some feedback from people I know who will be there and post some comments after the game.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Spectator, no offense taken.

I've been reading all week about this inclement weather for the weekend, and aside from making me feel a smidgen of self pity (yes, it's all about me...:) ) it may interfere with what could be a fast & exhilarating game. Alas with wind , rain and cold predicted, I expect we'll be describing it as "gripping" or "physical" or "grinding". All of which are fine and dandy, but not really what a good game between the 2 teams should be.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Standings after the weekend

Running Rugby 27
RugbyReg 27
Jets 26
mkking 25
Westcombe Ranger 25
Austin 25
Red Heavy 25
saders07 25
Catriona A 24
ajf 24
spectator 24
twenty-seven 22
Saulih 20
higgers 18

Not many of us had faith in Easts as only 3 people were willing to tip them. Doubt any one will tip against them for the rest of the year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Gold Coast over Souths seemed to mess up everyone but saders07 who managed to tip the round

From all report Brothers v Easts was a great game with Easts showing they are the real deal by pushing ahead by 2 wins at the top of the table.

Running Rugby 31
RugbyReg 30
Jets 30
saders07 30
mkking 29
Westcombe Ranger 29
Austin 29
twenty-seven 29
Red Heavy 28
Catriona A 28
ajf 28
spectator 27