• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Here are the results after the last couple of weeks

Running Rugby 55
RugbyReg 54
Jets 53
twenty-seven 53
Westcombe Ranger 51
saders07 50
Austin 50
ajf 50
Catriona A 50
mkking 48
Red Heavy 46
spectator 46
Saulih 40

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Quite a few managed a perfect round this week but a few people further down the ladder went for some upsets so they are slipping down the rankings

Running Rugby 60
RugbyReg 59
Jets 58
twenty-seven 57
Westcombe Ranger 56
ajf 55
Austin 55
Catriona A 54
saders07 52
mkking 50
Red Heavy 48
spectator 48
Saulih 42

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Thought I would post this early this week as I have been a bit behind over the last few weeks.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF9HRU9BdUNWMGVZbHNCMk5uYkVyV3c6MQ&ifq

The big game of the weekend is the Welsby Cup match between Brothers and Easts at Bottomly this Sunday. It's just a pity that Easts are missing so many players but it's their last home game of the year and I am sure whoever runs out on the field for them will put up a good fight.

Also worth noting that Wests and Sunny Coast play tomorrow night (Wednesday) in their round 11 game that was called off due to the weather.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
For those of you who care.... the upset I've tipped for this week is a DRAW between Brothers and Easts.

I'm going down swinging! :)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
OK with one round to go before finals things are tight at the top thanks to Rugby Reg tipping the Breakers over Souths on the weekend.

Running Rugby 64
RugbyReg 64
Jets 62
twenty-seven 62
Westcombe Ranger 59
ajf 59
Austin 59
Catriona A 58
saders07 55
mkking 52
spectator 51
Red Heavy 50
Saulih 45

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Well how about Wests getting up over the filth? No one tipped that and if you had I would have accused it of being a set up.

Going into the finals it is still a 2 horse race with Rugby Reg and Running Rugby 2 games clear of 27.

I'll keep going through the finals and see if we can split these 2

Running Rugby 68
RugbyReg 68
twenty-seven 66
Jets 65
ajf 63
Austin 63
Catriona A 61
Westcombe Ranger 60
saders07 59
Red Heavy 54
mkking 53
spectator 53

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Here is the tipping sheet for the Semi Finals

The Minor Semi is between 3rd place Sunnybank and 4th placed GPS. It is interesting to note that GPS have beaten Sunnybank in both games they have played this year. In round 4 they toppled the Dragons 16-15 away and in round 13 the won 37-36. GPS enter the finals on the back of 3 wins with their last loss being against Easts in round 15. Sunnybank have won their last 4 games with a loss in round 14 against Minor Premiers Uni at home. This is actually harder to pick than I first thought.

The Major Semi is between the Minor Premiers, University, and their arch rivals Brothers. These 2 teams have shared the chocolates this season with Uni winning at Crosby in round 4 by 20-13 and Brothers taking the honors at St Lucia in round 13 24-22. That was Uni's last loss while Brothers enter the finals on the back of 2 losses to 5th placed Easts and 2nd last Wests. There is talk of quite a few of the butcher striped boys were sick on the weekend and I'm sure their supporters will be packing out St Agatha's on the morning of the match so things could be very different come Sunday afternoon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDBrUjRFMmp5clBfWEh2SXNKYkR1dHc6MQ

S

Saders07

Well how about Wests getting up over the filth? No one tipped that and if you had I would have accused it of being a set up.

Going into the finals it is still a 2 horse race with Rugby Reg and Running Rugby 2 games clear of 27.

I'll keep going through the finals and see if we can split these 2

Running Rugby 68
RugbyReg 68
twenty-seven 66
Jets 65
ajf 63
Austin 63
Catriona A 61
Westcombe Ranger 60
saders07 59
Red Heavy 54
mkking 53
spectator 53

My table position will back I have been a loyal tipper of Wests, knowing they were going ok i.e. had a more competitive side this year. I am gutted I didn't tip them against the filth but.......not tipping them must have given them that ounce of luck they have needed!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
My table position will back I have been a loyal tipper of Wests, knowing they were going ok i.e. had a more competitive side this year. I am gutted I didn't tip them against the filth but.......not tipping them must have given them that ounce of luck they have needed!

So next year you will tip against them every round and they will go through undefeated?

S

Saders07

So next year you will tip against them every round and they will go through undefeated?

LOL - a sound tactic!! Next year I hope to tip them with more confidence and based on consistent form!

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Saders, it'd be great if some of your 4th grade boys who finished minor premiers, were able to play in some of the higher teams, or even be reserves. Any chance of that next year?

S

Saders07

Saders, it'd be great if some of your 4th grade boys who finished minor premiers, were able to play in some of the higher teams, or even be reserves. Any chance of that next year?

Good question Cat. As You'd know, as a group they were new to the club this year so talent unknown so to speak. In the end it becomes a little bit of a choice as individuals for that group, do they want to put forward to play as high as they can or do they continue as a social(ish) team of mates. I would like to think the first option so as to boost overall club depth.

BTW - good luck in the finals this week!!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It's a difficult situation for a club to handle. It would almost be better for them to establish their own club along the lines of Brisbane Irish or Med XV as they don't really bring any value to the clubs they have been involved in.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Teams

University

1. Kevin Davies
24. Mitchell Wade
3. David Howard
4. Jordan Chapman
5. Timothy Buchanan
6. David McDuling
7. Villi Fainga'a
8. Matthew Arvier
9. William Thompson
10. Ian Prior
11. Tevita Kuridrani
12. Herman Porter
13. Cornelius Foley
14. Rod Davies
15. Luke Morahan
25. Scott Kelly
17. Samuel Cochrane
18. Lyall Fidow
19. Adam Preocanin
20. Harry Elliott
21. Tom Tuffley
22. William Tuffley
23. George Morseu

Sunnybank

1. Albert Anae
2. Benjamin Fox
3. Greg Holmes
4. James Kriukelis
5. Adam Wallace-Harrison
6. Nigel Ah Wong
7. Benjamin Adams
8. Jake Schatz
9. Ben Lucas
10. Shalom Sunila
11. Shane Seiuli
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Rex Tapuai
14. Rota Setu
15. Richard Kingi
16. Paul Alo-Emile
17. Andrew Petelo
18. Bradley Elms
19. Matt Lucas
20. Liam Gill
21. Semiti Tela
22. Peter Lee
23. Jason Hofmeyr

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Congratulations to Running Rugby who took out this years Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp. You have won the honour of being the best tipper here. Well Done.

Running Rugby 71
RugbyReg 70
twenty-seven 69
Jets 68
Austin 65
ajf 64
Catriona A 62
Westcombe Ranger 61
saders07 61
Red Heavy 55
spectator 55
mkking 54
Saulih 47

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well done Jets, thanks for coordinating. Congrats Running Rugby. Just like the competition itself, it was tight at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.