• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
In an effort to keep up with the Jones' (our Sydney counterparts) we are starting up a Brisbane club rugby tipping comp.

The first round has already been played so we'll just forget that and use it as a 'sighter'.

The rules are simply pick the winner, no margins. Given some of the results from the weekend, picking the winners might not be so simple however.

Click below to enter your tips in Australia's best club rugby competition

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDRUQWR2Y3ZqcG4ycXRQNDlfeGtjSGc6MQ

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I know absolutely nothing about Brisbane Club Rugby, so went all home teams!

Do you have a two-blues equivalent that is best avoided?

C

chief

Moses said:
Do you have a two-blues equivalent that is best avoided?
Wests are shaping up to be the worst, it used to be Sunny Coast and Norths but those days are past.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
The comp should be a pretty good one this year if the results from the first round are anything to go by.

But Chief is right, avoid Wests.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Sweet, my tipping strategy is now finalised, whoever is playing Wests, and all home teams. Will be interesting to see how I go...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
teams here:

http://qru.com.au/verve/_resources/Round_2.pdf

Some immediate points of interest:

- no Ryan Schultz (my man of the match last week) for Norths. Rest of team as is.
- Kimani Sitauti playing outside centre for Souths

-ex Force boy (I think) Vitori Buatava playing scrummie for the Gold Coast and another ex-Force boy and schoolboy sprint star Brett Stapleton playing fullback! Wow!
- Jordan Tuapou, Aussie Schoolboy skipper last year, starting at 7 for Easts. Did he start last week?

- Sunnybank have a bloody handy bench including Brando Vaaulu. Club journeyman Brendan Underwood back playing scrumhalf.
- Overlooked this last week, Lance Po-Ching (awesome name) playing hooker for Wests. He was a former NZ U19 and 21 hooker. Think he may have even played S12???

- still no Toutai Kefu for the Sunshine Coast.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
TBA playing 2 positions for GPS on the weekend. He will be a busy boy.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
and confirming the GPS winger, Chris Nasiganiyavi, is Ratu's little brother. Don't know his size though.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The funny thing about Nemz's little brother is that he was known as Chris Nadolo at school and changed his name the other way when he left. He is quite a bit quicker than his older brother over the first 10-20m.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
True to form, form didn't seem to mean too much in the second round.

Only early days but the cream has already risen with myself and Refabit on top.

Walk of shame for Noddy and Saulih who only got the free hit of the Dragons beating the boys from the kennel.

A late starter to the comp Pepe picked all games correctly but as his tips were put in 6 hours after the results were posted, I decided that he may have had some inside info.

I'll put up next weeks sheet around Wednesday - try and get your tips in before 3.00pm this Saturday Pepe!

Name Points
Juan Cote 3
Refabit 3
Sully 2
Moses 2
chief 2
Austin 2
Jets 2
rugbyfreak 2
Spectator 2
Running Rugby 2
Noddy 1
Saulih 1

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Noddy said:
teams here:

http://qru.com.au/verve/_resources/Round_2.pdf

Some immediate points of interest:

- no Ryan Schultz (my man of the match last week) for Norths. Rest of team as is.
- Kimani Sitauti playing outside centre for Souths

-ex Force boy (I think) Vitori Buatava playing scrummie for the Gold Coast and another ex-Force boy and schoolboy sprint star Brett Stapleton playing fullback! Wow!
- Jordan Tuapou, Aussie Schoolboy skipper last year, starting at 7 for Easts. Did he start last week?

- Sunnybank have a bloody handy bench including Brando Vaaulu. Club journeyman Brendan Underwood back playing scrumhalf.
- Overlooked this last week, Lance Po-Ching (awesome name) playing hooker for Wests. He was a former NZ U19 and 21 hooker. Think he may have even played S12???

- still no Toutai Kefu for the Sunshine Coast.

Just a few more observations:

I wonder why former Red Ernie Skelton switched to Norths from Wests, apart from the obvious (to win a game or two)?

Buatava did have a contract with the Force during their inaugural season or two as a five eighth (with Scott Daruda, Lachie MacKay amongst others).

Saw MacKay playing for Brive the other day and looking as solid as always.

I wonder whether Po-ching is any relation to former NZ leaguie Willie Poching?

Rota Setu from Sunnybank is Brisbane Bronco's (and Ipswich Grammar Old Boy) Lagi Setu's cousin - he was also at St George. Went to school at St Edmunds, Ipswich.

Junior Rosolea from Uni was a Churchie First XV player last year - big step up - didn't think he was that good (just yet). Mind you, there's about 12 or so First XV lads from last years GPS comp in the Premier Grade sides named for last weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.