• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Round 3 results

Is it too early to think that Brothers will challenge the Bulldogs for the spoon?

Norths beat high-flyers GPS to perhaps take early season bragging rights while the Dragons beat Souths in the battle of the South.

If you haven't noticed, Sunny Coast are travelling pretty well and head the table - after playing an extra game mind you...Kef had a run for them as well

Tipper of the week is definately Sully who picked the card getting five out of five to lead the pack while Spetator must get a special mention as the only person who has tipped the Dogs so far this season....was that a keying error or fair dinkum Specky?

Well done to Pepe for getting his tips in on time, although he didn't have quite the same accuracy as last week.

Moses, Chief and Rugbyfreak didn't put in tips this week but I've given them one point as there is no way they would have picked Wests....and I gave Pepe one point from round two for the same reason.

Sully 7
Juan Cote 6
Jets 6
Austin 5
Refabit 5
Noddy 4
Spectator 4
Running Rugby 4
Saulih 3
Pepe 3
Moses 3
chief 3
rugbyfreak 3

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Wests have taken over from Norths as the new wiping boys of the comp. Pity when you think they won the Premiership in 06. Will be interesting to see how/if they improve as the season goes on under Rob Murdoch. He did some really good things with The Filth and Uni Premier colts in the past. They have some good young talent there too.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Robbie Murdoch is a former Premier referee too so is well qualified. Would be handy if he had some decent cattle other than Tasi.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
They have some quality colts that should move up in the next few years. Most of the IGS 1st XV from 2008.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
I heard that there were some promotions last week at Wests from Premier Colts to Prem's.

Rob Rutledge got a guernsey, and Neemiah Tupuse and Nigel Genia have both recently been on the bench from Colts.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Juan Cote said:
Round 3 results

Is it too early to think that Brothers will challenge the Bulldogs for the spoon?

Spetator must get a special mention as the only person who has tipped the Dogs so far this season....was that a keying error or fair dinkum Specky?
I think that's called a brain fade JC...don't know what I was thinking there?

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey JC, any sign of this week's tips?
Referees training is on a Wed night and with a word in the right ears, coupled with a large cash outlay, I am odds-on to tip the card this week.
I am hoping the prizemoney will dwarf my expenditures.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
G'day Punters,

Round 4 and the game of the week will be GPS v Uni, Easts and Brothers won't be a bad game either I'd reckon.

In order to make the Bulldogs competitive, I have awarded them a points start each week so take this into account when making your tips. This week they get a 20 point start against the Sunny Coast......get on 'em this week Spekky.

Teams are up on the QRU website if you want to do some research..

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dDllSXhPejg4WThRSVRwRG91c29EVEE6MQ" width="760" height="959" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

S

saulih

I'm tipping Sunny Coast even with 20 and the home field. Yeah okay my nephew plays on the team so I have a bias, but the SC ate up and punished weaker teams in the country comp., not giving them any leeway even when the game was well and truly won. They will do the same here.

IMHO

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
20 points start! I've also put my first vote in for Wests.

I've tipped Brothers to be 0/4 after this round!

GPS v UNI should be a great game but Suunybank v Norths is also very interesting - are Norths the real deal?

C

chief

I tipped Norths Austin, having Blair Connor, plus Sunnybank have another player in Canberra for Reds match (Taupai?). This match will prove if they are the contenders or the pretenders.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Crap, did I not get my tips in last week? Could have sworn I picked every home team but Wests.....

S

saulih

saulih said:
I'm tipping Sunny Coast even with 20 and the home field. Yeah okay my nephew plays on the team so I have a bias, but the SC ate up and punished weaker teams in the country comp., not giving them any leeway even when the game was well and truly won. They will do the same here.

IMHO

Shite...

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Well that's the last time Wests get a 20 point start!!!

The Dogs rolled the Sunny Coast in a boilover at the Kennel to leave the Filth as the only team who are yet to win a game this season.

Sunnybank are on top of the table after dealing with Norths while Sunny Coast, Uni and Easts round out the top four.

Well done to Spectator and Austin who picked 5/5 while Saulih, Moses, rugbyfreak and RunningRugby need to hang their collective heads for not tipping the Dogs....take me home Sylvan Road.

Things are tight at the top with Sully, Austin and Jets leading the field on 10 points.

Sully 10
Austin 10
Jets 10
Juan Cote 9
Spectator 9
Noddy 8
Refabit 8
rugbyfreak 7
RunningRugby 7
Pepe 6
Saulih 5
Moses 5

Moses- if you can tell me how to paste an excel spreadsheet into these posts you'll get a bonus point as typing in the results is a pain in the arse.

R

rugbyfreak

In my defense I had spoken to someone who went to the Bank v Dogs game and they said that the Dogs were shit and that it was going to be a long year at the kennel! Did anyone go to the game? How did Imo go? Maybe next time I won't be so quick to judge!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
My long term suffering supporting Uni is starting to pay off. If Uni and the Reds make the finals this year I will be one happy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.