• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
I stuffed that commentary up didn't I.

Confidence about Sunnybank???? Gone

Easts and GPS should be close. Yeah right but at least I tipped Easts!!! GPS look like they're in a bit of trouble.

Interesting to see what the handicapper does with Wests v Uni. Did Wests have to lose by less than 18 or will it be considered a draw as the margin was exactly 18?

I think I tipped Brothers and I'm pretty sure I picked Sunny Coast, so 50/50 on those two.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Well boys looks like I'm off to be the chief handicapper for this year's spring carnival after getting the margin between Uni and the Dogs bang on....the bad news is that no one (not even fucking me!) tipped a draw. I must learn to trust myself.

Once again lots of surprises with Austin's darlings, Sunnybank, copping a pantsing from the Goldie - nice one Kiss of Death!!

The other highlight of the round was Saulih who didn't tip a single result, nothing, duck's egg....don't worry mate, I'll let you play off the Ladies tee this round.

Despite Austin's mis-placed faith in Sunnybank, he leads the comp on equal points with yours truly.

A word of warning, Brothers look like they are back......

Austin 16
Juan Cote 16
spectator 15
Noddy 14
Jets 14
Sully 14
Refabit 13
Running Rugby 11
rugbyfreak 11
Saulih 10
Pepe 10
chief 7
Moses 5

S

saulih

Juan Cote said:
The other highlight of the round was Saulih who didn't tip a single result, nothing, duck's egg....don't worry mate, I'll let you play off the Ladies tee this round.

Yeah, using the ranking/rating for non-Suncoast games is real hit and miss right now, last week 5/5 this week 0/5! Although I tipped Uni, but the margin got me even there...

What the ratings and rankings are showing is how close the teams are competitively, and that is getting reflected in the results. Remains to be seen whether the team ratings spread out as the season continues.

I should have you keep track of the how the ratings system does as a tipper separately... I'll send you tips as it would have predicted since tipping started, and that way it can tracked on it's own...

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
A bit of fusion rugby this week over at Bottomley as East meets West ...The Dogs get a 20 point start so they might be a chance.

Top of the table Uni get a chance to go further ahead when they play the downward spiralling Souths while the Goldie get a free hit against GPS. Actually GPS had better watch themselves as they are almost in handicapping territory.... I think they play the Dogs next week, could they both lose?

Sunny's Coast and Bank looks like being the match of the round however Brothers v Norths will be a tasty little number, and much closer to home.

Everyone say a prayer for Saulih as he tries to fight back from the ignominy of tipping 0/5 last week.

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dE95SHN2NjZnRHR5cWxnWG9xMlNEUHc6MQ" width="760" height="944" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I don't think Saulih is the only one 0/5 could have happened to last weekend. Was a very hard round to pick. I hope Uni can continue their role this week against Souths. Brothers to get the biscuits in the battle of the northside. The Bank over Sunny Coast. Wests with the start against Easts and Breakers over GPS. Anyway thats the way I hope it pans out. Optional rest week for the Reds players so things should get interesting next week as they start to return to clubland.

S

saulih

I changed my tip strategy this week, no longer tipping non-SC matches according to the ratings/rankings results I have been working on. I went with my gut and paid for it I think. (I can't remember all of my tips)

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
What's happened to GPS? 5 in a row lost. Their game against Wests this week will be a toss of the coin. Don't think Wests will get any start from the handicapper this week.

But I think Brothers v Sunnybank is going to be game of the round.

Anyone know which of the Reds are playing for clubs this week?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
One of the Sunnybank players told me Leroy was at training last night.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
sorry for the delay lads...an interesting weekend with Brothers continuing their march, Sunnybank and Sunny Coast playing a game of touch footy that Bank won 49-46 and the the Dogs losing to Easts by less than 20.

No other surprises except that GPS didn't lose by more.

Austin and myself lead the way Spekky, Noddy and Jets sitting one out, one back.

Well done Saulih who bounced back well after last week and tipped 3/5 and the bravery award this week goes to rugbyfreak who picked two smokies in GPS and Souths.....ouch!!!

Austin 20
Juan Cote 20
spectator 19
Noddy 19
Jets 19
Refabit 17
Running Rugby 16
Pepe 15
Sully 14
rugbyfreak 13
Saulih 13

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
You could be tricked into thinking the match of the round would be Sunnybank vs Brothers, but no way! If it were on at a normal time then it probably would be, but 8 pm on a Saturday night? It must be a ploy to fill the pokie den at the sports club or something.....

For sheer desperation value you can't go past GPS vs Wests. The Dogs are on their Pat Malone this week without the handicapper's favour so you'd think GPS will start favourites however a nil-all draw cannot be ruled out!!!

The comp is starting to get a bit of 'haves and have nots' look about it so Easts will need to beat the still slumbering Souths if they are to keep pace with the top 2.

Norths take on the all conquering Red Heavies at Shaw Rd...anyone for an upset?

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dFFQREdRUFVHZDVKcWQxX085ekJDc1E6MQ" width="760" height="819" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Surely GPS will get their act together and take out Wests.

Sunnybank v Brothers - I almost pushed the button having selected Brothers but then changed to Sunnybank primarily because Leroy's playing for them.

Expecting Souths to bounce back from having lost 3 in a row. Is Van playing for Souths?

Think Uni will get over Norths given they have Weekes and Taylor this week.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Juan Cote said:
You could be tricked into thinking the match of the round would be Sunnybank vs Brothers, but no way! If it were on at a normal time then it probably would be, but 8 pm on a Saturday night? It must be a ploy to fill the pokie den at the sports club or something.....

For sheer desperation value you can't go past GPS vs Wests. The Dogs are on their Pat Malone this week without the handicapper's favour so you'd think GPS will start favourites however a nil-all draw cannot be ruled out!!!

The comp is starting to get a bit of 'haves and have nots' look about it so Easts will need to beat the still slumbering Souths if they are to keep pace with the top 2.

Norths take on the all conquering Red Heavies at Shaw Rd...anyone for an upset?

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dFFQREdRUFVHZDVKcWQxX085ekJDc1E6MQ" width="760" height="819" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

It might have a bit to do with the pokies but could be more to do with the U18 State Champs being played there at the moment.

I have gone for Easts, Uni, GPS and Brothers. Have some mail about young Lucas playing Premier this week for the Bank.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'm pretty confident about GPS however one of our number has gone for a draw in that match.

I wouldn't mind watching Bank vs Brothers but at that time of night in Sunnybank someone would probably steal the hub-caps off my car so I'm staying home an hoping for a Brothers win

I reckon Norths will roll the Sports-Grants rorters and Souths are due also

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
You might get a couple. Rain overnight and this morning so conditions are bound to be pretty crappy.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Uni continued their relentless march by disposing of Norths which everyone except for me, Speccy and Chief picked. Pepe opted for a draw between GPS and Wests and paid the price as GPS belted them by 20 points.

The handicapper will have his work cut out for round 9 as West play Souths who beat the Tigers in a 10-3 arm wrestle. Only about half of us got that one and it looks as if Souths and Easts will be the tipper's nightmare for the rest of the season due to their lack of consistency.

Brothers keep winning this time cleaning up the Dragons. Only Jets and me got that one.

Austin and I are still locked in a struggle of Titanic proportions at the top while Jets has skipped clear on the second line.

Austin 23
Juan Cote 23
Jets 22
Noddy 21
spectator 20
Refabit 19
Running Rugby 18
Pepe 17
Sully 17
Saulih 15
rugbyfreak 13

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp Round 9

I'm having trouble getting the google doc to link to paste in correctly for this week's sheet. I'll get on to Moses and see if he has any clues as to why this is happening - the move to the new forum maybe?

if you can wait for me to sort it, email me your tips here juan.cote@greenandgoldrugby.com

Brothers vs Goldie
Wests + 18 vs Souths
Sunny Coast vs GPS
Norths vs Easts
Uni vs Sunnybank

Status
Not open for further replies.