• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Wests 21 (M Gray, R Smith tries I Aokuso 3 pens con) d Norths 20 (M Peel, M Bond tries L Samoa 2 pens 2 cons)
Brothers 37 (P Doneley, M Felsman, C Freney, J Harvey, Dallan Murphy tries Dallan Murphy 2 pens 3 cons) d Sunshine Coast 17 (M Blain, M Stone tries M Stone pen 2 cons) (Caxton Cup)
Souths 27 (P Fou 2 tries, T Cree, J Tabrett, W Tilagucaguca tries B Hamlin con) d GPS 10 (N Dangerfield, S Satui tries)
Sunnybank 50 d Easts 18
University 27 d Rugby Gold Coast 25

Good to see Wests get their second win for the year

T

TOCC

Jeez Sunnybank are going to hard to stop later in the season..

1. PAE
2. Albert Anae
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Kriukelis
6. Jake Shatz
7. Liam Gill
8. Leroy Houston
9. Richard Kingi
10. Matt Lucas
12. Ben Tapuai

Also Benny Lucas shouldnt be that far off from returning from injury either

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jeez Sunnybank are going to hard to stop later in the season..

1. PAE
2. Albert Anae
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Kriukelis
6. Jake Shatz
7. Liam Gill
8. Leroy Houston
9. Richard Kingi
10. Matt Lucas
12. Ben Tapuai

Also Benny Lucas shouldnt be that far off from returning from injury either

I hope that's the way they go because I will cry if they field Gill and/or PAE in Colts. They would rip the competition apart.

T

TOCC

Gills was playing Premier Grade before he left, PAE is the most likely to play colts, unsure as to whether Dayna Edwards is still around at Sunnybank or if he has moved back to Sydney?

T

TOCC

also, noticed in the paper that Andrew Shaw has moved to Sydney to play in the comp down there

C

chief

Can we just merge both of the Clubs and this Competition thread together. Its confusing me of which one to post on!?!?!

S

saulih

It is confusing but I still like that tipping discussion is kept here separate to the clubs thread. IMO

Maybe someone could move non-tipping posts to the other thread, to keep it all together?

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
G'day Tippers,

Jets has broken free and leads by one after tipping the card last round.

Brothers belted Sunny Coast and have now won 6 straight is it?

The Kennel was rocking on Saturday night after the Dogs got past a sluggish Norths. What is it with Norths, so often they look good at the start of a season but can't maintain the rage?

Souths were too good for GPS who look as though they can already start planning their Mad Monday. Are they biggest disappointment of the comp?

The Dragons are breathing fire and were too hot for the Tigers. How will they fit all their top line players into their starting team?

Uni had a great win away on the Gold Coast and turn for home leading the comp by 5 points. Are they the favourites to win the comp?

Will Noddy change his name again this season?

So many questions that need answers!!

Jets 30
Juan Cote 29
Austin 29
Tipper formerly known as Noddy 28
Running Rugby 28
Spectator 27
Refabit 23
Sully 20
Saulih 20
Pepe 17

p.s. I will be trying to resolve the spreadsheet problem and will be posting links so Moses can have a look and see why it is fucking up.....I post this weeks tipping sheet Friday (hopefully it will work!)

p.p.s. Some chat about moving this to the club thread in the forum. If someone wants to do it (as I have no fucking idea how to) then that's fine by me.....

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Moses, this is how the link from the google doc comes up.......?

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dGNjS1NVclFranE5ZzdGVGc5WGVsUUE6MQ" width="760" height="759" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

[gform]dGNjS1NVclFranE5ZzdGVGc5WGVsUUE6MQ[/gform]

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon we keep all the tipping stuff here, but all club banter, team selections etc in the club thread over at grass roots.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Form is sorted now Juan, trick is to get the key out of the embed code them put it in [gform] tags

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
This week see the battle of the rosaries with Brothers taking on GPS. GPS won the corresponding match in the first round however you'd have to think only divine intervention will help them this time around.

Easts play the Goldie and both need a win to stay in touch with the top three and you'd almost think that a loss here could spell the end for the Breakers.

Game of the Round will be Sunny Coast v Uni. Uni are travelling pretty well and get Laurie Weeks back so you'd have to think they will have too much grunt for the Stingers.

Wests play Sunnybank and will do well to limit the damage to 20 point start the handicapper has given them. Buoyed from a win last week they just might do it.

The battle of the poles at Chippsy is similar to the Easts vs Goldie game with Souths needing to win to stay in touch with the leaders and Norths quickly running out of chances to be anything more than lower table cannon fodder.

Jets leads the way after tipping 5/5 last week but he couldn't feel comfortable with plenty of chasers within striking distance.

Thanks to Moses I've been able to get the google doc working again.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dG0ySjdkUG5oMXd3dFdsUE82VjBGZWc6MQ

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm a bit worried about Uni this weekend. They were lucky to get up last weekend and let the Breakers score 10 points when the Coasties only had 12 men on the field.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Round 11 results

Easts 35 d Gold Coast 17
GPS 21 d Brothers 15
Sunnybank 49 d Wests 34
University 27 d Sunshine Coast 10
Souths 32 d Norths 28

GPS must have put more in the plate this week than the Brethren!!!

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
A strange week last with the Hynes factor getting GPS over the line against Brothers and Wests hanging on the lose by less than 20. No one saw the GPS result coming as we all picked Brothers but a few hardy souls were rewarded for backing the Dogs.

Both me and Spekky picked 4/5 so we are the movers of the week - me to be equal first with Jets and Spekky gets himself level with Reg and Running Rugger.

A few Wallaby squad members and u/20 players should be back in the coming weeks so this might spice things up a bit.

Pepe and Saulih have it all to do - Sully hasn't been heard from for a few weeks so I think he might be a scratching.

Jets 33
Juan Cote 33
Austin 32
Tipper formerly known as Noddy 31
Running Rugby 31
Spectator 31
Refabit 25
Saulih 22
Sully 20
Pepe 19

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think GPS have a crazy record when Hynes plays. Someone told me he has never lost a game for them (not sure if it is true). It's the tupe of impact you want Pro players to have though. Should be a good day out at Uni tomorrow. I might hang around and watch Prems play.

Status
Not open for further replies.