• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
We have lost 2 for 2014 would expect another 5 changes including EPS.
The replacement for Dan Palmer will be interesting. The only other Prop from another Australian province would be Paddy Ryan but one of the few Waratahs contracted.

Would expect current Props to step up. R Murphy in the run on team. Sio a regular in the 22 and Ruan Smith more game time.

We should chase the best Aus U20 prop or if Murphy may be re catorgised as an Australian not Irish. Jake could scour SA for a hungry Prop looking for opportunity and a mate for Oosthuizen

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Alexander is a better tight head than loose head and both Rory and Scott play either, but preferably loose. End of 2014, Rory is eligible for Wallabies so if he spends that year developing as the Brumbies first choice loose head, that'll be good.

Apparently Hugh Pyle of the Rebels is in contract negotiations with the Brumbies for 2014 onwards. If we bring him in, we just move Fardy from 4 to 6 and slot Pyle in, it'll be like Kimlin never left.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Alexander is a better tight head than loose head and both Rory and Scott play either, but preferably loose. End of 2014, Rory is eligible for Wallabies so if he spends that year developing as the Brumbies first choice loose head, that'll be good.

Apparently Hugh Pyle of the Rebels is in contract negotiations with the Brumbies for 2014 onwards. If we bring him in, we just move Fardy from 4 to 6 and slot Pyle in, it'll be like Kimlin never left.

It would be great to get Pyle back. Imo he is only second to Horwill at lock in Aust.

I don't agree with you re Alexander. At loose head he seems to have no trouble holding the scrum up, and retains sufficient energy to be effective in the open. At tight head the scrum is far less stable and he seems to use up all of his energy stocks in the scrum. For 2014, I like the look of Ruan Smith at tight head after seeing him play an outstanding game against Tonga A last night. Scott Sio is also a star in the making, whichever side he plays.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I saw Sio in the Samoa match, god he is good. I don't mind him only being able to play 60 minutes of his best per match, his fitness will only improve as time goes on.

Edit: Said Tonga, meant Samoa.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I saw Sio in the Samoa match, god he is good. I don't mind him only being able to play 60 minutes of his best per match, his fitness will only improve as time goes on.

Edit: Said Tonga, meant Samoa.

Roffy, I saw Scott Sio sitting in the stands the whole of the Tonga match. Think you have mixed him up with Ruan Smith who was awesome, or maybe you mean the Samoa match where Scott was also awesome.

Sorry, just saw your edit.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Roffy, I saw Scott Sio sitting in the stands the whole of the Tonga match. Think you have mixed him up with Ruan Smith who was awesome, or maybe you mean the Samoa match where Scott was also awesome.

Sorry, just saw your edit.
I'm fighting flu, so I didn't even make it to the Tonga game. It's not even 5min drive away either.

If I was Jake White, I'd be rotating Alexander, Palmer, Sio and Murphy so next year we have an experienced front row. When the Kings come to town, expect Murphy, Siliva and Sio to start.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'm fighting flu, so I didn't even make it to the Tonga game. It's not even 5min drive away either.

If I was Jake White, I'd be rotating Alexander, Palmer, Sio and Murphy so next year we have an experienced front row. When the Kings come to town, expect Murphy, Siliva and Sio to start.

Looks like Jake has taken your suggestion to rotate the props to heart. After the Sharks game though I think Murphy needs some more time with Laurie Fisher to learn how to hold a scrum up before he can come into the starting line up. Scott Sio was massive at LH though, and Ruan Smith could be an outside shot to come off the bench to replace Palmer at TH.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So we have lost Palmer, Kilman, Holmes and Prior, who do you think will be replacing this lot

Status
Not open for further replies.