• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
This is the answer

Reds game was on when the show was on and they had 70K to the Saturday and it wasn't cheap to go to.

Waratahs game clashed with Skyfire that gets upwards of 100K.

If there is an upside for the Brumbies its that they are able to draw a crowd of 13000+ and 17000+ respectively competing against other large events like the Canberra Show and Skyfire. It well known its hard to get crowds for saffa teams and the Stormers unfortunately don't bring much in the way of "entertainment" value so 11000+ is ok.

The Brumbies usually have decent base crowd numbers and a reasonable walk up crowd seems be there as well. Plenty more room for growth though.

The last game was all about the weather and we have seen the impact before - the B&I Lions game was sold out but a few thousand stayed away due to the weather.

One shot I will fire is at the ACT government media department who sent out a media release part way through the day saying that all sports grounds in the ACT were closed and all AFL, Rugby Union and league games were postponed! - even I (die hard member that sit in rain, sleet, Arctic conditions and even snow ) had to have a a double take and a quick check on the internet. I think this may have put a few people off.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
One shot I will fire is at the ACT government media department who sent out a media release part way through the day saying that all sports grounds in the ACT were closed and all AFL, Rugby Union and league games were postponed! - even I (die hard member that sit in rain, sleet, Arctic conditions and even snow ) had to have a a double take and a quick check on the internet. I think this may have put a few people off.

Yeah. I saw this and then saw the Brumbies madly trying to tell everyone that the game was still on.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any Brumby fans (or otherwise) heard anything about the signing of Nigel Ah Wong - assume it hasn't been mentioned above.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wow, this is impressive and I hope its more of an incentive for current players to stay and attract more players to the Brumbies programs.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...o-look-after-every-detail-20140422-372ln.html

The down side of this if any is it removes any conditioning and performance excuses.

Will the Wallabies want to use it if offered?

I am sure they will use it, when they have a test in Canberra. So not often.

Sounds very similar to the plans for Ballymore.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I am sure they will use it, when they have a test in Canberra. So not often.

Sounds very similar to the plans for Ballymore.

The more facilities like this the better and i hope all soup teams make sure that at least the NRC teams use the facilities. I think the Wallabies be making an effort to utilise such facilities pre-world cup!

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Any Brumby fans (or otherwise) heard anything about the signing of Nigel Ah Wong - assume it hasn't been mentioned above.
Yes playing for the vikings in the new national comp under the eyes og
F the brumbies coaches for a possile offer to join the squad... He certainly looks promising...

Happy

Dave Cowper (27)
This picture was posted on the Brumbies Facebook page. They are at the War Memorial with Soldier On, waiting for Wills & Kate to arrive.
1901303_10152353048549806_7674766308131376593_n.jpg

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Any Brumby fans here have a link to one of the recent Annual Reports? Or, better yet, are able to upload a PDF to issuu.com ? — I know these reports exist but can't seem to find one.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And at the other end of the spectrum - not so good news:

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18437.php#.U2INNPmSyCl

Understandable and I wish him the best and hope to see him back in the future. He's a good player and will be a loss for the Brumbies and will be an asset for any team as he is good enough to get a run with most teams.
Boo I always thought at some stage he would crack the wobs but injury gave Kirandanri the start and now his right down the list.. Good Luck to him

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If not next week, then definitely for the tour. It must be remembered he's barely played for 9 months so if slow and steady wins the race, then so be it.

But let's look back at some of his highlights...

Of the 23K+ views, I've contributed about a quarter of those

Status
Not open for further replies.