• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Excited to see How Allan Ala'alatoa Fares at the ponies, He's a big boy and he's still only 20... I can see him going places

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
I thought Lam was a standout in NRC for UC Vikings. He's so mobile and his work rate on and off the ball was great I thought. I thing Brumbies would be mad to see him go elsewhere??

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
He's still a converted hooker and work in progress. His set piece was far from good. Potential is there, and boy is he physical, but he needs more developing.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Ohh come on even Steven Bradbury shakes his head at Josh Mann-Rea getting a Wallabies cap and says "That's me done."

Sure, but he certainly didn't look out of place.

One of the biggest positives of the last 6 months has been just how little losing two of the worlds best hookers has actually affected us.

I was cringing at the thought of what would happen after Moore and Taf went down, but we hardly lost anything. Experience and leadership yes, but in pure playing terms even Mann-Rea didn't look like a 9th choice player being thrown into battle.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sure, but he certainly didn't look out of place.

One of the biggest positives of the last 6 months has been just how little losing two of the worlds best hookers has actually affected us.

I was cringing at the thought of what would happen after Moore and Taf went down, but we hardly lost anything. Experience and leadership yes, but in pure playing terms even Mann-Rea didn't look like a 9th choice player being thrown into battle.

great story for JMR, but to be honest I did think he looked out of place. Particularly v the ABs.

As for the lack of impact of losing two of the world's best hookers? I think it was massive. I still maintain that if Moore remained playing, and captain, this whole season would have gone in a different direction. And I mean Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors different direction.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ohh come on even Steven Bradbury shakes his head at Josh Mann-Rea getting a Wallabies cap and says "That's me done."

Yes, he did Bradbury it, but he did do it. Which doesn't change the fact we have 3 Hookers signed, Hopefully the Brumbies get Lam training with the squad this year and when Mann-Rea retires he can come in as the backup to Moore and Silva.

I think he needs the development as a Hooker still, very raw.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Leicester are apparently after Lock Jack whetton from you guys (for this season)

Any info on the guy? Our locks are slim ATM only 3 fit senior locks and one is in the England set-up so I can imagine Leicester going for this.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/L...Zealand-lock/story-24205266-detail/story.html
Jack was alright for us he is a good player under super rugby probably be good for him to play up in the North for a few years. Will he be your saviour probably not. But could become a quality player.

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeh we don't need saviours or even full on starters so much just depth.

Currently we have
Thorn
Kitchener (currently with the England squad)
De Cheves (SA U20 Lock progessing well)

That's it

We have injured
Slater (Our Club Captain and was tipped for England cap this season but out for the 7 months)
Parling (had 3 concussions in 3/4 weeks taking 3 months of)
Price (Academy graduate broke his arm I think)

So really it will be for depth ATM.

Hopefully he can learn a few things off Thorn, apparently been a big influence in training and is certainly helping the likes of Kitch and De Cheves grow.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeh we don't need saviours or even full on starters so much just depth.

Currently we have
Thorn
Kitchener (currently with the England squad)
De Cheves (SA U20 Lock progessing well)

That's it

We have injured
Slater (Our Club Captain and was tipped for England cap this season but out for the 7 months)
Parling (had 3 concussions in 3/4 weeks taking 3 months of)
Price (Academy graduate broke his arm I think)

So really it will be for depth ATM.

Hopefully he can learn a few things off Thorn, apparently been a big influence in training and is certainly helping the likes of Kitch and De Cheves grow.

Perfect fit then, his good, Im surprised he didn't get more of a run at the Brumbies. That looks a bit thin on your end but he will be good. Probably a good fit for both of you then. If he could learn off Thorn he could become a very good lock.

I still worry that we pulled an uncontracted 20ish year old to start in front of him (Tom Staniforth can end up being amazing) but from out of the squad to start when Jake was part of the team, must mean something.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Junior Laloifi tweeting that Brisbane City prop Phik Kite is off to Canberra. I'm assuming this is to the Brumbies in some capacity. I had high hopes for him up here but he seems to have been surpassed by a few though the NRC. Still plenty of potential and one to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.