• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
And Moore and Sio. If the forwards hold their own the backline has the talent and ability to make 2015 Super a real competition. But sort of reminds me of the Wallabies atm.;)

Lilo back in form will be a massive boost the back-line. He was rubbish last year, he struggled back from an injury but I expect him 100% next year.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
First choice Brumbies definitely look the best in the Aussie conference. But as the Blues fans will tell you, a team can look great on paper and but up shit creek after two or three injuries. Not a lot of Super Rugby experience behind the first choice backline. Good thing Coleman can play just about anywhere.

Gonna be bloody tough in the Aussie conference this year.

M

Moono75

First choice Brumbies definitely look the best in the Aussie conference. But as the Blues fans will tell you, a team can look great on paper and but up shit creek after two or three injuries. Not a lot of Super Rugby experience behind the first choice backline. Good thing Coleman can play just about anywhere.

Brumbies....you must be kidding. We...the Force, have a new 10 year jersey.....are you kidding......lock us in 2015 Super Rugby Champions.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

And in the forwards as well, though the Smith Bros will be solid backup in the front row. The inexperience in the backup squad could well be the achilles heel this year, but I do think that Ah Wong, Dargeville and Taliauli will all make it at Super level in time to come.

T

TOCC

And in the forwards as well, though the Smith Bros will be solid backup in the front row. The inexperience in the backup squad could well be the achilles heel this year, but I do think that Ah Wong, Dargeville and Taliauli will all make it at Super level in time to come.

Smith brothers? I thought they weren't rated very highly, weren't the the starting props when the Brumbies conceded a tighthead pushover try against the Reds.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Would love to see Ala'alatoa get a few games off the bench. We don't want to rush him but that kid anchored the scrum pretty bloody well at the U20s and is the great hope for a Wallaby scrum resurgence. He's young, but Ollie Hoskins typically played 10-20 minutes off the bench for the Force this year, and he didn't disappoint (didn't set the world on fire either for that matter).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Would love to see Ala'alatoa get a few games off the bench. We don't want to rush him but that kid anchored the scrum pretty bloody well at the U20s and is the great hope for a Wallaby scrum resurgence. He's young, but Ollie Hoskins typically played 10-20 minutes off the bench for the Force this year, and he didn't disappoint (didn't set the world on fire either for that matter).

Alan Ala'alatoa was immense at the U20s. Rarely have I seen such a dominant scrum as the young Wallabies (?) had, but he seemed to struggle a bit at NRC level. Think he might need a year or two before he can make it at Super level. Huge potential though.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Smith brothers? I thought they weren't rated very highly, weren't the the starting props when the Brumbies conceded a tighthead pushover try against the Reds.

Think they might have had a couple of pushovers against them this year but it's all a learning experience. And they did get some good game time each for the Brumbies so I'd expect them to come back stronger and perhaps more technically proficient in 2015. And both of them are very willing in open play. Can't fault their work rate.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Sounds like a crisis. No one wants to be their sponsor, no one wants to be their CEO.

Could be. But If you are correct it means that one of the highest profile Super Rugby teams, and arguably highest profile Australian domestic rugby team (internationally) may be giving us all the reality check about how tough times are. Fortunately the Brumbies have what most clubs don't. Cash in the bank.

I believe that the "crisis" you suggest is happening is more like an unfolding nightmare to the other franchises who don't have the cash reserves and are already struggling with sponsors, discounting and moving to individual smaller ones.

Fortunately the Brumbies have also had the foresight to establish strong ties with academic programs in the USA and other places internationally which may gives them more of a market to shop for sponsorship.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Before things get hysterical.............

As revealed by Fairfax Media on Monday, Edwards told the club he needed to return to his multimillion-dollar scrapbook company in Queensland after one of his business partners fell ill.

"There's a lot of talk around, but the Brumbies are an iconic Canberra brand. I'm not finishing up today, I'm still working with the guys to identify a sponsor and as long as the board needs me."

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Could be. But If you are correct it means that one of the highest profile Super Rugby teams, and arguably highest profile Australian domestic rugby team (internationally) may be giving us all the reality check about how tough times are. Fortunately the Brumbies have what most clubs don't. Cash in the bank.

High profile and Canberra. That'll do me. I'd argue the reality check is restricted to ACT sporting teams only. None of them do well. Unfortunately the Brumbies have what most clubs don't - a population below 400k.

Status
Not open for further replies.