• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It just shits me that contracts can be torn up. It should be a watertight agreement.

The player should then be off the market and not be considering any other offers until the expiry of the contract.

I suppose that if BOtH parties agree then so be it. Obviously the ARU doesn't give a shit about retaining the bloke and enforcing the contract.

Being sarcastic I wonder if he was released for the usual 'family reasons" bullshit that players like Ben Mowen and the Honey Badger used. Seems to work well from a public relations point of view.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
White went home to be closer to his family. Now he's in France! Can anyone explain how Montpelier is closer to South Africa than Canberra?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I just wish guys (and I'm not saying Nic won't) would be totally honest.

That is,
1. I've been offered a shitload of money which cannot be matched in Australia
2. I'm on the outer with the Wallabies - see point 1
3. I've got the shits with the coach or franchise and I'm off - see point 1

Personally I don't have a problem with the above

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
White went home to be closer to his family. Now he's in France! Can anyone explain how Montpelier is closer to South Africa than Canberra?

He only left South Africa (Sharks) because of a falling out with the players I believe. If he had another coaching gig lined up in SA, he probably would have stayed.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I just wish guys (and I'm not saying Nic won't) would be totally honest.

That is,
1. I've been offered a shitload of money which cannot be matched in Australia
2. I'm on the outer with the Wallabies - see point 1
3. I've got the shits with the coach or franchise and I'm off - see point 1

Personally I don't have a problem with the above

Very true!

I don't rate White that much however I will say that he is a hard working half back that does not give up and probably gets under your skin of every oposition player. Which is the reason that I find strange that he would simply give up the race to be the starting halfback for the Wallabies (Long term).

What I can't understand is why any team would agree to Jake White being the coach on a long term basis and let him purchase players and change the team structure. You just know that he is only going to be around short term and leave the team in a mess!

T

TOCC

I still rate White above Phipps, and both players above the form of Genia in the past 2 season..

Its going to be a real loss for the Wallabies to lose 2 of those 3 players, a reduction in competition and depth for any position is a shame but especially in the halves.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm not sure what you mean, but I really get angry when players bail overseas and won't admit its for the money. No drama going, but please be honest about it. I rekon there could be a mass exodus of players after this world cup.
Just not from the brumbies hey because of the culture.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm not sure what you mean.........

4ff97d8d948d11f28399d882d4e66ee6.jpg

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Is Genia definitely leaving? Seems to me that if he was he probably would have signed somewhere by now like all the other players.

Maybe Ian Prior will come back?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

Is he a family man with a kid or two?

If he is, it make sense: players are away from home so much in Super Rugby, the RC and the EOYT.

Not so in Europe.

Ben Mowen is on record as saying that is one of the reasons he likes it in France.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is he a family man with a kid or two?

If he is, it make sense: players are away from home so much in Super Rugby, the RC and the EOYT.

Not so in Europe.

Ben Mowen is on record as saying that is one of the reasons he likes it in France.

I was going to make a joke earlier that Nic White was going to be very upset when he found out after going all the way to France that Jake wasn't his father.

Then I realised that Sully was talking about Jake White's reasons for leaving Canberra, not Nic.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies are saying that Nic's departure won't herald a mass exodus at the end of the year, and I am prepared to take that at face value at this time. But I'm just as sure that Jake will be after a few more that he had previous connections with, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if approaches are made to the Smith twins, David Pocock, Ita Vaea, Fotu Auelua and Jesse Mogg. All types of players I think he values and would all go very well in France imo.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I still rate White above Phipps, and both players above the form of Genia in the past 2 season..

Its going to be a real loss for the Wallabies to lose 2 of those 3 players, a reduction in competition and depth for any position is a shame but especially in the halves.

I think Nic has a more rounded and complete half back's game than Nick. He is without question a better kicker, his sniping is better (though not as good as Will), and he has better vision and is able to take better options than Nick (imo). I think his defense is just as good, and he's probably a bit better taking high balls. On top of that, he kicks long range goals. Phipps on the other hand is probably marginally quicker releasing the ball from the back of the ruck, but he quite clearly plays the game the way Michael Cheika wants.

All things considered, I would prefer White in the rough and tumble of the RWC, but I don't hold out much hope of seeing that. I expect Nic also sees his RWC involvements being somewhat in doubt and that could have been a factor in his decision to leave.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Jake Whites noble skills are noted... Pity Nic White hasn't stood by his brumbies agreement... I was hoping he would try to win back a starting wallabies spot not give up early... A disappointing announcement prior to kicking off the season. ARU cash maybe luw but seems players cant standby their word either...

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is Genia definitely leaving? Seems to me that if he was he probably would have signed somewhere by now like all the other players.

Maybe Ian Prior will come back?
Good possibility with prior off contract at the end of this season and considering Alby had signed on till the end of 2016. Force have 2 young blokes in be wings in lowrens and turner would be sad to see him go but you could understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.