• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

God slim, someone isn't trolling because they discuss a concept you don't like...

When Australian super rugby teams are all posting profits i will stop entertaining ideas which may introduce new revenue into Australian Rugby, this idea has merit whether you like it or not, it's been done in other codes in the past and rugby union isn't in a financial position to snub such concepts..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
God slim, someone isn't trolling because they discuss a concept you don't like.

When Australian super rugby teams are all posting profits i will stop entertaining ideas which may introduce new revenue into Australian Rugby, this idea has merit whether you like it or not, it's been done in other codes in the past and rugby union isn't in a financial position to snub such concepts..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Wow, so when Canberra and the ACT says cya to the Brumbies as they are no longer an entrenched part of the community, and the NSW rugby crowds are split with Tahs getting 15k at best, the new team getting 5k (being optimistic) at best who wins? I am pretty sure the game doesn't.

Just another heads up, but (and its not really a secret as its constantly in the press!!!) NSW, especially Sydney has the lowest crowds for all sports!

Trolling, maybe, ignorance most likely, and out of touch most definitely! At some point the penny might drop that all the $$$ in the world cant make people go to a game or support a team. Playing for empty stadiums and no TV ratings is not sustainable. Just a bit of economics 101, if no one is watching who is the advertising for? Who are you playing for?

Strip a team of its history, identity and community connection and what do you think will happen? As for TV ratings they would dive as the disenfranchised masses have plenty of alternatives to choose from with a click of a remote. I don't think Foxtel will be a supporter of such a concept either. The TV rating are struggling now, let alone having more people turn off.

I cant wait for the article about Suncorp or Metricon Stadium trying to lure the Tah's to help them financially as they can guarantee consistent crowds of 25k plus. or will pay the gate takings difference. Good for the game right???

I have tried, but again highlighting the fact it came from only one media agency (hint hint)......but that didn't work so this might help:

Emma press.JPG

I hope one day we will rid the game of the enemy within.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
OT

I cant wait for the article about Suncorp or Metricon Stadium trying to lure the Tah's to help them financially as they can guarantee consistent crowds of 25k plus. or will pay the gate takings difference. Good for the game right???.

Imagine the line outside.......

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What in the hell would the Brumbies want to play their home games at ANZ for???

A guaranteed monetary return for each game played there, same reason the Tahs and many NRL clubs play/played there $$$$$$$$, the Brumbies crowds have been decidedly average for a few years, it must be hitting their bottom line

They even offered the Tahs access to management services for more games, but the SCG trust offered up a counter proposal

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
A guaranteed monetary return for each game played there, same reason the Tahs and many NRL clubs play/played there $$$$$$$$, the Brumbies crowds have been decidedly average for a few years, it must be hitting their bottom line

They even offered the Tahs access to management services for more games, but the SCG trust offered up a counter proposal

Would the guaranteed dosh exceed the money currently brought in by the crowds?

For me two things would outweigh the money: Crowds can hardly be expected to be bigger in ANZ, and therefore no atmosphere (unlikely to bring any return visits) to the game. I cant work out how we'd get a bigger crowd 300km from where we're based,so either ANZ or the Brumbies lose money.

You'd piss off loyal Brumby fans, depriving them of some of the only half a dozen games a year at home.

Unless it's a huge guaranteed figure, I can't work out how it would do more good than harm.

Reactions: mst

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The only game worth moving to ANZ Stadium for the Brumbies would be their home game against the Tahs.

They would make significant extra revenue but would throw away home ground advantage in one of their biggest games.

You'd imagine that in some seasons that could be the difference between a finals spot or not or a home final vs an away final.

So whilst the immediate payoff could be substantial, it could cost them significantly later in the season.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Would the guaranteed dosh exceed the money currently brought in by the crowds?

For me two things would outweigh the money: Crowds can hardly be expected to be bigger in ANZ, and therefore no atmosphere (unlikely to bring any return visits) to the game. I cant work out how we'd get a bigger crowd 300km from where we're based,so either ANZ or the Brumbies lose money.

You'd piss off loyal Brumby fans, depriving them of some of the only half a dozen games a year at home.

Unless it's a huge guaranteed figure, I can't work out how it would do more good than harm.

I remember an article on the NRL clubs that have been offered the deal, it gave a minimum net guaranteed gate for all games, they have this big stadium that needs content, they pay for content

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Oh sure, ANZ have to fill their schedule, but I can't work out what's in it for the Brumbies.

The incentive to play there would need to be huge to counter the negative issues with it.

Bernies coming out and saying, in summary, that the whole rumour was bollocks I think might suggest the debated fee isn't big enough.

I can't imagine Bernie having a bar of it he's a fanatical Brumbie

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Why don't the Brumbies used the ANZ proposal to challenge the ACT government to hurry and build the new covered stadium in Canberra?

"We want to stay in Canberra, but the weather may force us to move North, unless...........'

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm guessing they would be using the idea as a bargaining chip, but regarding the new stadium...........

The government has put on hold plans for a new $300 million stadium with a roof in Civic as it foots the bill for the Mr Fluffy asbestos clean-up, forcing the Brumbies and Raiders to use Canberra Stadium as a base beyond 2020.

In the meantime the Brumbies appear to be looking at ways to improve Canberra Stadium as a new stadium won't be built until 2025 at the earliest............

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm guessing they would be using the idea as a bargaining chip, but regarding the new stadium.....

In the meantime the Brumbies appear to be looking at ways to improve Canberra Stadium as a new stadium won't be built until 2025 at the earliest....

basically full strength beer at every bar, the beer coat will keep you warm.. Other then that some of my funnest times have been on the bus to the brumbies and from the brumbies..

Like this one time I saw this kid crying he was between 4 - 10 he was lost.. this old couple grandparents I suspect walked up and asked him if he was ok.. he said to them at the top of his voice 'Fuck off you Pedos' ... lol good times :)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Pop up bar at the front of the stadium sounds like it'll become a regular thing. Certainly added to my Brumbies experience at the Reds game :)

Damn, we missed you Merrow. We on stopped in quickly. The pop up bar is here to stay as far as I understand. I really like the concept and we thought the vibe and atmosphere at the first game was definitely a few notches up on last year. Felt like the crowd was about a few thousand more than were actually there.

Tomikin - pop up bar is compulsory for you or no game entry!

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Damn, we missed you Merrow. We on stopped in quickly. The pop up bar is here to stay as far as I understand. I really like the concept and we thought the vibe and atmosphere at the first game was definitely a few notches up on last year. Felt like the crowd was about a few thousand more than were actually there.

We probably should have only stopped in there quickly. Left a little worse for wear. Should meet up for a pre game beer or schnapps at the Force game.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pop up bar at the front of the stadium sounds like it'll become a regular thing. Certainly added to my Brumbies experience at the Reds game :)

Yeah new CEO brought that in, he wants it like a festival.. Im liking his work so far.. seems like a smart guy with great contacts.. and most importantly he loves the Brumbies..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I live in Brissy at the moment but have my Brumbies membership all ready and I make regular trips to see the family (game weekends only ;) ) .. So next time Im in town we will hit up the popup bar with all Brumbnight fans :)

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
I thought the pop up bar could've had a couple of improvements made - there wasn't a heap of seating and there was certainly a fair bit of free space, and while the music wasn't bad, a TV with the earlier rugby games (if they're on) would bring more people into the area and keep them entertained before the game starts. Getting some local beer on draught instead of Boags cans would be pretty good too. I noticed there was a few portable tap type setups used at the multi-cultural festival after the game.

You know now that I've written that I realise I sound like a princess, but if you're trying to bring people out of the pub earlier and into your pop up bar, you've gotta compete to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.