• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sio
Moore
Alexander
Carter
Arnold
Fardy
Pocock
Vaea

Alaalaatoa
Mann-Rae
Anae
Smiler
Butler

That is one hell of a forward pack. If Bernie does the right thing and puts Lilo and To'omua the right way round that team is going to be huge.

I'm not sure any more which is the "right" way round

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm not sure any more which is the "right" way round

I would go with form and combination as both on their day are good. Either way its a good problem to have and as we saw last season once one of them is in the groove at 10 we need to leave it be unless its not firing.

The bigger concern to me is do we have a another 10 behind these two if we need it?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Word on the wireless is that David Pocock has agreed to terms with the Brumbies/ARU. The Brumbies part has been known for a while, it was just the ARU end holding things up.

Will wait and see the length of the contract but I'd guess 3 years.

T

TOCC

At 195cm he is a big lad.. He is a wide running back-rower in the Higgers mould by the sounds of it.

It was nice of the NRL to fund his 3 year residency so he could sign with rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
At 195cm he is a big lad.. He is a wide running back-rower in the Higgers mould by the sounds of it.

It was nice of the NRL to fund his 3 year residency so he could sign with rugby.

How much does he weight?

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
"Jones said they were also planning a new "quite different" jersey, which will be unveiled in December."

"A new look and feel for next year – we'll launch a new jersey on December 1, which will be quite different to what people have seen before. People will be able to work out there's a new boss at the Brumbies, that's for sure."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...our-will-bring-back-fans-20150818-gj1j4z.html

Sounds ominous.

Maybe it will be a more Canberra themed design - brown cardigan-style top, with shiny patches on the back of the shorts?

T

TOCC

Hope they don't change the jersey too much, the scheme and colours have become synonymous with the Brumbies..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah don't fuck with our jersey.. It's what the Brumbies are..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Should keep the primary jersey the same and experiment on the alternate jerseys.. Don't make change for the sake of making change.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What are the traditional colours of the ACT (and southern NSW)?
http://www.cmd.act.gov.au/communication/flags
The colours of blue, gold and white were chosen for good reasons. Blue and white are the livery colours of the City (shown by the wreath above the shield on the Canberra City Coat of Arms), while blue and gold are the traditional sporting colours of the ACT and were taken from the national blue and gold appearing on the wreath of the Australian Coat of Arms. The choice of colours maintains existing traditions, reflects a link with national history and preserves heraldic tradition and practice.

Any revised jumper should stay in tune with the traditional Blue and Gold of ACT sporting colours.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.