• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Surprising that the Brumbies are trying to bring Andrew Smith back. I would've thought that they were well stocked with Nigel Ah Wong there as backup to Kuridrani - and they could always bring in a rookie.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So with the reporting of Lausii Taliauli signing for 2016, Pocock close, Cubelli a likely signing, and Andrew Smith the other name in the mix, the backs roster must be close to full. I think the signing of Tui Kamikamica for the Canberra Vikings may be the next steps to replacing Foto who I hear sadly is still struggling with fitness / injury.

So it now all about the forwards, particularly the props. We have depth a hooker, but our prop stocks I am no sure about.

Any idea who will be the kicking options? Hernry?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Surprising that the Brumbies are trying to bring Andrew Smith back. I would've thought that they were well stocked with Nigel Ah Wong there as backup to Kuridrani - and they could always bring in a rookie.

I rated Smith highly it was just unfortunate that Kuridrani was slightly better, he'd be number 3 outside centre in Aus behind only AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Kuridrani - and only just.

Where is he playing now and hows his form?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Went to Munster, and normally was in and around the 15 and the 23. But Munster chose not to renew his contract, so I dunno how his objective form was.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)

OK Missed that, Smith is returning, where did the info come from?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
So with the reporting of Lausii Taliauli signing for 2016, Pocock close, Cubelli a likely signing, and Andrew Smith the other name in the mix, the backs roster must be close to full. I think the signing of Tui Kamikamica for the Canberra Vikings may be the next steps to replacing Foto who I hear sadly is still struggling with fitness / injury.

So it now all about the forwards, particularly the props. We have depth a hooker, but our prop stocks I am no sure about.

Ant idea who will be the kicking options? Hernry?

mst, my eyes are too old to read that post, can you please use a larger font in future, in consideration of us "old guys"?!

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
OK Missed that, Smith is returning, where did the info come from?

BJ, from a few weeks ago...........

And Andrew Smith may be back for a 2nd stint at the Brumbies next year.

The Crimes, today.........

Larkham said the Brumbies have also made an offer to former outside back Andrew Smith, with negotiations still taking place.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/brumbies/rugby-brumbies-get-clearance-from-argentinean-board-to-sign-scrumhalf-tomas-cubelli-20150822-gj5asp.html#ixzz3jcjGG3LC

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Ant idea who will be the kicking options? Hernry?

Real disappointment for Fotu - he was so destructive when he got on the park. A player who could really cause a lot of damage if he could stay fit.

But then again, Vaea is the future and he just got better and better last year.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
mst, my eyes are too old to read that post, can you please use a larger font in future, in consideration of us "old guys"?!

I will try - when I can see what i am correcting and work out how I managed to do it in the first place!:oops:

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Hasn't Smith lined up to play Whiteball in france for Montpellier?

http://www.montpellier-rugby.com/#composition

He played there today in a game that also featured Moggy, Ben Lucas, Mowen, Sita Timani.

I think Smith is in France on one of the 'joker' contracts which are short term cover for World Cup player absences - Lachie Turner from the Reds and Mitch Inman from the Rebels are on the same sort of thing with another French club. That would mean after the WC time he'd be available to come back to Australia.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I say they come out with a red, white and black uniform...

Then we sit back and watch the John I Dent Cup thread explode....

Careful what you wish for.
As Sergeant Schultz would say "I know nothing ........."

New Jersey1.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
20th Anniversary

The ACT Brumbies were formed in 1996 as the third Australian team for the Super 12 Competition.

2016 marks the 20th Anniversary of their formation. Any plans to celebrate this milestone?

Not only was this an important date for the Ponies, but also Australian Rugby because suddenly there was top level rugby opportunities for spectators and players outside Sydney and Brisbane.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
20th Anniversary

The ACT Brumbies were formed in 1996 as the third Australian team for the Super 12 Competition.

2016 marks the 20th Anniversary of their formation. Any plans to celebrate this milestone?

The Brumbies have already been celebrating their 20th season in Super Rugby, most conspicuously by naming a '20 year dream team'.

1. Bill Young
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. David Giffin
5. Justin Harrison
6. Owen Finegan
7. George Smith
8. Ben Mowen
9. George Gregan
10. Stephen Larkham
11. Joe Roff
12. Matt Giteau
13. Stirling Mortlock
14. Clyde Rathbone,
15. Andrew Walker
Coach – Rod Macqueen

http://www.brumbies.com.au/News/Art...D/15834/Brumbies-name-20-year-Dream-Team.aspx

I'd have gone with Jim Williams at No. 8 and maybe Jeremy Paul at hooker, but a pretty decent side nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.