• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
'Significant player announcement' today.

Thinking it's going to be Pocock.

Seems to coincide with "Big News" the Wallabies are tweeting about. Here's hoping.

Good to see Brumbies players doing well at last nights awards. Especially Pocock, so pleased for him after the last couple of years he has had. Goes to show what hard work and determination can do. So impressive for him to be ranked so highly in the voting for the John Eales medal after only 2 Wallaby starts plus a cpl off the bench.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There's another player to be named but that belongs in another thread. The Waratahs one I suspect.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not to be Negative about it, but 1 more season should see Pocock get his 60 Wobbly Caps, and be eligible for overseas selection.

There would be many French and English clubs fighting each other for that signature.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Not to be Negative about it, but 1 more season should see Pocock get his 60 Wobbly Caps, and be eligible for overseas selection.

There would be many French and English clubs fighting each other for that signature.

It' s a hard one as we all would love to have a player like him locked in long-term, but its hard to begrudge is decisions and not admire his integrity and honesty.

I am speculating that some of his decision is about 2yrs on the side line and how close that could have been to the end. After 11yrs playing Super Rugby he may be thinking it time to travel and "cash in" while the going is good and he is fit and in form. I say her deserves it!

We can all hope the the Brumbies is his home and he returns to play out his career at the Brumbies in the future.

I say worry about the future later and make the most of seeing him in a Brumbies jersey in 2016.

PS: He is also 7 years younger then McCaw so plenty of time (and another WC) to get him back in a Brumbies jersey if the injury gods are kind.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...th-act-brumbies-for-2016-20150828-gjabbf.html

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

Also it's a risk to sign a long-term contract with a player who almost finished his career. Despite he's probably the best openside flanker in the world

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
From reports, the Brumbies had him tied up a while ago and it was the ARU part holding up the announcement.

The multi party contract system makes it difficult to finalise sometimes and this seems to be one of those times.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Also it's a risk to sign a long-term contract with a player who almost finished his career. Despite he's probably the best openside flanker in the world

Every player is but one injury away from the end of their career.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
From reports, the Brumbies had him tied up a while ago and it was the ARU part holding up the announcement.

The multi party contract system makes it difficult to finalise sometimes and this seems to be one of those times.

I suspect it was distraction he didn't want to have going to the WC and then having to return and continuing negotiating. ARU were probably holding out to see his "Wallaby" form.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
More good news BJ. Especially glad to see Ruan back. Won't be surprised if he finishes next year as the No 1 THP at the Brumbies.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.