• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Predominant team colour:

Blue - Waratahs
Blue - Force
Blue - Rebels
Blue - Bulls
Blue - Blues
Blue - Stormers
Blue - Highlanders

And now the Brumbies and potentially the Argentina team..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Blue is more wearable and sells more jerseys. It's also the least intimidating colour.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Best way to boost merchandise sales is to change the Jersey. Having said that, I've still got my original blue Rebels jesery and typically hang out until the EOY sales for a discounted Jersey (tight arse, I know).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Best way to boost merchandise sales is to change the Jersey.

I'm not too fussed about a new design...........

My beef is that they've removed the white from the jersey which made it stand out from the other teams...............

Having said that, we still haven't seen it yet............

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
jerseyreveal_bmail.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meh.........

https://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xtf1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12295399_10153770258899806_3870193146754615606_n.png?oh=49588b07414129211011991a1977f622&oe=56EA15D1&__gda__=1456948009_d2f0244e3713ba99606bf730d72fdc06

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, did they remove the white to have a subtle jab at their former coach?

I think if you're going to do away with tradition then you need to at least make an effort..............

This is incredibly lame.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
That's butt ugly.

No offence. Most teams globally have had at least 2 or 3 stinkers, but that looks like they tried to emulate an international style top, with no elegance or tradition involved.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
What happened to the one off jersey from earlier this year or last year? That was great. Must have sold so well they decided it wasn't worth doing again.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
For people worrying about the white panel being removed, it's not like it's the first time

rugby_shirt_1938_1_375x500x1.jpg

IMG_2262.JPG

And the chances are they'll still wear a 'heritage' jersey for one of the rounds (giving them a chance to sell more merchandise).

Plus there will probably be a special ANZAC Day jersey, and maybe a few others. Though I think they've got a way to go to catch up the Canberra Raiders NRL team, who now seem to go through about 8 different jerseys over the course of the year (home, away, superhero, indigenous, women in league, ANZAC, heritage, etc, etc)

T

TOCC

It looks a little busy with all the sponsors and logos, surely the Super Rugby logo doesn't need to be so big. I prefer retro over new designs like this.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For people worrying about the white panel being removed, it's not like it's the first time

And I think most people were happy when they did away with that design.................

It would seem there's been more effort put into the jersey launch then the actual jersey itself.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I like it. But what would I know, I'm a girl. Saying that though my 19 year old son loves it and he's already ordered one.

Different strokes for different folks.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I like it. But what would I know, I'm a girl. Saying that though my 19 year old son loves it and he's already ordered one.

Different strokes for different folks.

In terms of its fashionability (new word?), the dark blue with just a few spots of yellow and some white logos is probably more wearable socially, though the multiple logos are a bit off-putting. But as a team jersey it lacks the tribal focus of the blue, yellow and white. Its not a Brumbies shirt any more, its closer to a Rebels off-cast shirt or a Reds away outfit. The designers obviously do not understand how to make it tribal.

When the Reds play the Brumbies in Canberra there is going to be some issues readily identifying who's who at the bottom of the ruck. Slightly lighter dark blue vs slightly darker dark blue is a recipe for a misunderstanding, especially if its raining and muddy. If someone belts his own player I'll kack myself but then I support the Tahs. The team supporters won't be so amused.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
In terms of its fashionability (new word?), the dark blue with just a few spots of yellow and some white logos is probably more wearable socially, though the multiple logos are a bit off-putting. But as a team jersey it lacks the tribal focus of the blue, yellow and white. Its not a Brumbies shirt any more, its closer to a Rebels off-cast shirt or a Reds away outfit. The designers obviously do not understand how to make it tribal.

When the Reds play the Brumbies in Canberra there is going to be some issues readily identifying who's who at the bottom of the ruck. Slightly lighter dark blue vs slightly darker dark blue is a recipe for a misunderstanding, especially if its raining and muddy. If someone belts his own player I'll kack myself but then I support the Tahs. The team supporters won't be so amused.
But they both wouldn't be wearing blue would they? I'm sure they'll work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.