• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Has anyone else noticed that To'omua seems to have backed off in the physicality stakes since those couple of head knocks?

Agree. We aren't seeing those hard solid tackles we are used to from him or the straight hard running to the line that would draw in multiple defenders opening up space for others.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Nigel Ah Wong's time to step up? how about you knock out some non-Aussie players this time big unit.

The only thing that worries me about Ah Wong, and I think the main reason we don't see him pushing for a spot in the run on team is his defence has been fairly at times in the past, and that was at a lower level. I hope it has improved as he could be a real asset.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
You are right his an 8, Id sign Rowen Perry or give Matt Wells the chance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Go with Wells. If he can bring only 50% of what Pocock does at the breakdown while retaining his 7's attacking precess IMHO we are on a winner.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Go with Wells. If he can bring only 505 of what Pocock does at the breakdown while retaining his 7's attacking precess IMHO we are on a winner.
Issues been that Simlers not an 8, Poey to 7 Butler to 8.. next time Wells 7 Butler 8 Fardy 6.. Simlers a 6 or lock back up..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Round 2727666 of court tomorrow

So the update on round 2727666 of court; it was a fizzer as it was only a directions hearing - Jones is yet lodge a statement of claims against UC (yes, just UC). So only about 96782 episodes to go.

Now for the Brumbies board v Jones part; last week out of left field we were shocked by the surprise decision by Jones to reject the Brumbies offer to leave (wow - didn't see that coming :confused:). So now the Brumbies Board have now offer mediation:

Gavel - Jones.JPG

The interesting part for me is they want him to go without any payout. Interesting after meeting with the ARU to ensure they have sufficient funds available in advance of acting.

Read in to this what you will, but in reality mediation is a usual, necessary and required step in any court process.

From a personal standpoint, looking from the outside with no answer to who is in the right, wrong or otherwise, I cant but find it interesting that it appears that Jones, in the midst of all of this going on is still at the helm and carrying on business as usual for the Brumbies which includes completing Butlers new contract.

Meanwhile the Board appears have spent the last few weeks primarily working on ways to get rid of Jones and are still yet to come up with any reason or grounds to be able to sack him. Which seems to be backed up now by the fact they are now asking him to leave as they don't appear to have any other options.

I am wondering that even if the Board are ultimately successful in getting rid of Jones, would there be some reputation and credibility damage to the Brumbies out of this?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I would think the only logical choice is for the Board to go. If they can't have a productive working relationship with the CEO, then their positions become untenable.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
The board are probably hoping that if they keep being seen to be doing the approaching eventually the public will start to think that Jones is the recalcitrant party.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The board are probably hoping that if they keep being seen to be doing the approaching eventually, the public will start to think that Jones is the recalcitrant party.

True, but at this point, Michael Jones hasn't put a foot wrong in the public arena (IMO). Yea it was a bit dumb to unload on the Club on ABC radio. However, I think many in the public arena would see this a worthy fight, and would want the truth to come out. So far, I the Board look as trying to cover their arse, something that doesn't sit well with the public.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
True, but at this point, Michael Jones hasn't put a foot wrong in the public arena (IMO). Yea it was a bit dumb to unload on the Club on ABC radio. However, I think many in the public arena would see this a worthy fight, and would want the truth to come out. So far, I the Board look as trying to cover their arse, something that doesn't sit well with the public.

Agree with you here. I know some members were pissy that he changed the category of some sections of seats from silver to gold, upping the prices. Those few were vocal at the start in wanting Jones gone. But personally I can't see how he has done anything but good for the club. Financially they are doing better than in the past, crowds are up and from the outside it looks like he is a man who genuinely cares about the club and wants to do whats best. He is trying to just get on with it while the board are trying to out him.
The board look to be doing anything and everything they can to put a lid on him. He is doing his job, and apparently doing it well. So why are they spending so much time, effort and money trying to get rid of him?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
So why are they spending so much time, effort and money trying to get rid of him?

Because what he knows and what he's seen potentially puts them in a very bad light. They started this process of trying to sack him and now can't wait stop it.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
"Under-fire chief executive Michael Jones has launched a workplace investigation into the behaviour of senior players Stephen Moore and Scott Fardy" - Fox Sports News

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Well this will be interesting.

He's pissed Moore off after his moving to Qld comments and Fardy is on the board as the players rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.