• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
JP always seemed to have a bit of an issue holding the scrum, but his play in the open was always to a fairly high standard. Hope he goes good wherever he is off to.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Bernie was on the wireless on the weekend and said they're hoping to run with a squad of 35 next season (30 + 5 EPS) but had no further signing news but did reveal that 3 Brumbies players have requested the flexible contract arrangement, without mentioning any names.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Do we think we will see young Staniforth get a game this year or is he still the line ATM.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Ruan Smith is moving to Toyota Verblitz in Japan.
Don't know for how long and if he is coming back to Australia after that

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Henry Speight has signed for 3 years.

In 2016, he will play for the Aussie 7's in Sydney/Hong Kong/London & Rio, if they qualify, but can still play Super Rugby

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Confirmed signings:

Aidan Toua - 2yrs
Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin - 2yrs
Blake Enever - 2yrs
Joe Powell - EPS for 2016
Albert Anae - 1yr with 2nd yr option

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Time to update the squad, with contract years as best as I know:

Nigel Ah Wong - ?
Allan Ala'alatoa - 2016
Ben Alexander - 2016
Rory Arnold - 2017
Fotu Auelua ? no news yet
Jarrad Butler - 2016
Sam Carter - 2017
Robbie Coleman - 2017
James Dargaville - 2015
Michael Dowsett - 2016
Sean Doyle - 2016
Blake Enever - 2017
Scott Fardy - 2017
Rod Iona - 2015
Tevita Kuridrani - 2017
Christian Lealiifano - 2016
Les Makin - 2017
Josh Mann-Rea - 2017
Jesse Mogg France
Stephen Moore - 2016
David Pocock - no news yet
Siliva Siliva Rebels
Scott Sio - 2016
Jordan Smiler France
JP Smith Stormers
Ruan Smith - signed for Toyota in Japan but may be back in 2016
Henry Speight - 2018
Tom Staniforth - 2016
Lausii Taliauli - ?
Joe Tomane - 2016
Matt To'omua - 2017
Ita Vaea - 2017
Nic White France

Ins:
Albert Anae - 2016
Aidan Toua - 2017
Joe Powell (EPS) - 2016

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Time to update the squad, with contract years as best as I know:

Nigel Ah Wong - ? 2016 http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...s-up-against-israel-folau-20140627-zsoe3.html
Allan Ala'alatoa - 2016
Ben Alexander - 2016
Rory Arnold - 2017
Fotu Auelua ? no news yet
Jarrad Butler - 2016
Sam Carter - 2017
Robbie Coleman - 2017
James Dargaville - 2015 2017 http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...gn-versatile-james-dargaville-20150504-ggu0cm
Michael Dowsett - 2016
Sean Doyle - 2016
Blake Enever - 2017
Scott Fardy - 2017
Rod Iona - 2015
Tevita Kuridrani - 2017
Christian Lealiifano - 2016
Les Makin - 2017
Josh Mann-Rea - 2017
Jesse Mogg France
Stephen Moore - 2016
David Pocock - no news yet
Siliva Siliva Rebels
Scott Sio - 2016
Jordan Smiler France
JP Smith Stormers
Ruan Smith - signed for Toyota in Japan but may be back in 2016
Henry Speight - 2018
Tom Staniforth - 2016
Lausii Taliauli - ?
Joe Tomane - 2016
Matt To'omua - 2017
Ita Vaea - 2017
Nic White France

Ins:
Albert Anae - 2016
Aidan Toua - 2017
Joe Powell (EPS) - 2016
Rhys Hodge* Rumoured

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I really like that the Brumbies are recruiting local (Australian) talent either emerging or returning, and only focusing on "names / reputation / marque" when necessary but only as a bonus.

IMHO it seems now that there are only 1.5 Super Rugby clubs that are now genuine player development farms - Brumbies and the other is a split between the Rebels and Force. Both the Tahs and Reds seem to have willingly sacrificed the local player development route, and the hard work of developing local talent in favour of buying supposedly ready made talent.

I think this is not lost on the players when you see the likes of Toua and Anae wanting a shoot with the Brumbies as they believe its the place that will help them step up, and you hear that guys like Frankie Fainifo may be looking for a shot in the NRC via the Canberra Vikings to see if he can resurrect his career.

I hope that the majority of the remaining spots in the Brumbies will be filled by player we see in the NRC in the coming weeks.

The one I would like being snapped up for at least the Brumbies EPS, and the chance to have some time with Pocock (presuming he will re-signs) is Perry.

T

TOCC

IMHO it seems now that there are only 1.5 Super Rugby clubs that are now genuine player development farms - Brumbies and the other is a split between the Rebels and Force. Both the Tahs and Reds seem to have willingly sacrificed the local player development route, and the hard work of developing local talent in favour of buying supposedly ready made talent.

This comment is a little bewildering, Waratahs and Reds both extensively promote players from the local competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.