• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies World Club 10s Squad
Player Position
Albert Anae Prop
Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin* Prop
Ruan Smith* Prop
Robbie Abel Hooker
Josh Mann-Rea* Hooker
Blake Enever Lock
Jarrad Butler No. 8/Flanker
Jordan Smiler* No. 8/Flanker/Lock
Michael Wells No. 8/Flanker
Michael Dowsett* Scrumhalf
Brent Hamlin Scrumhalf
Robbie Coleman* Utility Back
James Dargaville Wing/Centre
Nigel Ah Wong* Wing/Centre
Lausii Taliauli Wing
Aidan Toua Fullback/Wing
*represented Brumbies in 2014 World Club 10s tournament in Singapore
Aquis Brumbies fixtures
June 18, 2016
Aquis Brumbies v RC Toulon – 10:00am (4:00pm AEST)
Aquis Brumbies v Western Force – 1:36pm (7:36pm AEST)
Aquis Brumbies v Italian All Stars – 4:48pm (10:48pm AEST)

Not a lot of mystery to the selections, but my predictions at Post 1395 missed Hamlin as the back up No 9, and not knowing how many would go, overstated the players in contention by 2, Hyne and Andrew Smith. I had forgotten about Hamlin, but I recall him having some tidy game time in last year's NRC, so a very good inclusion.

My further tip is that Aiden Toua could just about be player of the tournament if the Brumbies as a whole go well. With his open field running abilities, he should find lots of holes in the smaller defensive lines.

Reactions: mst

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have not been paying close attention for a while so I may have missed this. What is the position with the expected availability of injured players for the remainder of the Super Rugby?

I assume Pocock will now be unavailable, but are we likely to see Tomane, To'omua Speight and Carter again this season?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I have not been paying close attention for a while so I may have missed this. What is the position with the expected availability of injured players for the remainder of the Super Rugby?

I assume Pocock will now be unavailable, but are we likely to see Tomane, To'omua Speight and Carter again this season?

I think Pocock was only ruled out 3-4 weeks. So he could be back for 1 or 2 games and the finals (if we make it).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Carter's not injured.........

To'omua and Tomane expected back after the test break.........

Unsure about Speight.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great news

not any more

Henry Speight has been ruled out of the Rio 2016 Olympics after sustaining a Grade 3 medial ligament injury to his right knee.

The 28-year-old sustained the injury in Game Four of the six-match series between the Australian national Sevens side and the Australian Development team on Tuesday evening and is expected to be sidelined for up to 12 weeks.

Australian Men’s Sevens Head Coach Andy Friend said: “We’re all gutted for Henry. He made a commitment to the program and has done everything he possibly could to get himself in the frame for Olympic selection.

“Even after the facial injury he received some ten weeks ago, Henry’s commitment didn’t waver but the rugby gods just haven’t been kind to him whatsoever. On behalf of everyone at the Australian Sevens program, we would like to wish Henry all the best in his recovery.”

Speight played in the Dubai and Sydney tournaments during the 2015-16 HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series, scoring two tries.

The Men’s and Women’s squads chosen to represent Australia at the Rio 2016 Olympics will be announced publicly on Thursday 14 July.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Well, that's a load of crock for Henry. He needs to have a good rest until the next pre-season and get his strength and speed back to Super Rugby proportions rather than 7s, and then cut loose next year. 2016 is one for him to forget.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Well, that's a load of crock for Henry. He needs to have a good rest until the next pre-season and get his strength and speed back to Super Rugby proportions rather than 7s, and then cut loose next year. 2016 is one for him to forget.

2015 too. Hope this rest does him well and he can fully recover to where he was in 2013/14.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
So Smiler has done his knee, who's going to play in the back row now? Butler to stay at 8 and Wells in to 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.