• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Haven't caught any of the local games this year, but did anybody see how Rocky went for the Eagles on the weekend. Is he another who might be considered for higher honours at No 8?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yep. Sorry we won't get to see him again before he leaves for o/s. IIRC similar story when Mortlock left - think he missed quite a few games before leaving due injury too.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
They had been investigating this for a few weeks and the frost was identified as a problem.

They could have turfed the Raiders to Manuka under the temp lights like they did back in 2001..

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
I imagine having a 6pm Friday game will impact the crowd pretty significantly (assuming we make the finals). Personally I won't be able to make it, and I haven't missed a game all season. It just won't be possible to get from work to Bruce in time. 2 of my co-workers are also talking about not being able to make the game.
It is pretty crap, the Brumbies had the chance to get a bit of a financial boost from gate takings for the final, but if the time limits the attendance it won't really be of much benefit.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I imagine having a 6pm Friday game will impact the crowd pretty significantly (assuming we make the finals). Personally I won't be able to make it, and I haven't missed a game all season. It just won't be possible to get from work to Bruce in time. 2 of my co-workers are also talking about not being able to make the game.
It is pretty crap, the Brumbies had the chance to get a bit of a financial boost from gate takings for the final, but if the time limits the attendance it won't really be of much benefit.
From what I am hearing from people a lot have already said they can't make it. We might be able to - just.

IMO I doubt they will get much of a walk up crowd due to the time either.

I am still a bit surprised tbh. I can't see how the Brumbies would have not planned for this as soon as the 2016 fixtures came out. At the start of the season they were the hot favourites. I have to ask could there be a bigger screw up than not having plans in place for your team to make the finals? I am aware they may try to fob it off as travel related for the visiting teams, by we are talking about a booking issue with the Raiders FFS!

So much for the computer generated / imposed ground advertising they have used in the past due to rain!

I am also amazed at how many times the current Brumbies management can piss off the members this year! The stupidity seems to have no boundaries! Between this and the Jones debacle, i would estimate it will have cost close to if not more than a $Mil from the Brumbies bottom line! I wonder if Bill will fly in and support this! <end rant>

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I think you're being overly harsh on the Brumbies MST. They don't get much of a say in when games are to be televised. Timing is mostly due to SANZAR requirements for TV matches. SANZAR wanted a Friday evening game. Apparently the Brums asked for a Sunday afternoon game, but it looks to have been rejected.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I think you're being overly harsh on the Brumbies MST. They don't get much of a say in when games are to be televised. Timing is mostly due to SANZAR requirements for TV matches. SANZAR wanted a Friday evening game. Apparently the Brums asked for a Sunday afternoon game, but it looks to have been rejected.

Maybe, but first question would be why GIO is booked out on the Saturday by the NRL, the same date that a Brumbies home QF would be held?

That is the key issue here; all the other issues are a by-product of that fact.

Every year the Brumbies, Raiders, other ground users and GIO sit down to agree to a booking schedule. So this was a known potential issue from before the start of the season

Simple booking screw-up by the Brumbies!:mad:

We all knew that there were 2xSA games due to the conference system, so the Brumbies really painted themselves in to a corner only having Friday night available. I also believe the SA team playing in NZ would prefer a Friday night game due to travel.

Either way, its another incident that has pissed off supporters and will hurt the bank balance.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Well Michael Jones did say he was happy to bring the Brumbies down. His parting gift perhaps ;)

6pm works better for me......yknow POETS day.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Well Michael Jones did say he was happy to bring the Brumbies down. His parting gift perhaps ;)

6pm works better for me..yknow POETS day.

The downside started before him and continues sadly. Like him or not, he had turned the Brumbies around for the first time in recent history and was well on the way to making the Brumbies the only team not in the red for 2016 according to Pulver prior to his departure.

I may be in the minority, but I would prefer prick to be making the Brumbies strong and profitable than struggling financially and to continue existing year after year.

The reality is the Brumbies is a business, but not being run like one.

Seems you are in the minority with the time. I feel sorry for the players who lose out on support by another Brumbies screw up, and again the members, brand and club suffers.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't get how all of you public servants can't make the game when you all leave at 4pm on a Friday?
Conversion issue!

Suit and tie wont cut it - you need the thermals and antarctic weather wear to survive the game! So most have to go via home unfortunately. If it was like Forsyth Barr, different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.