• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
Like BJ said, back to the Brumbies.

I think its a pretty good looking squad so far, great to see some young players being given the nod. Am pretty stoked to hear that Andrew Smith could be coming back, he was a strong player but I felt he never really hit his best here. A big, strong running back like ppl were asking for.

The no. 9 has me intrigued (and just a little worried), I have heard that it WON'T be Cowan, and I really hope that's correct. I don't think he's the kind of player we need. I have no idea which 9s are available atm so will be waiting with bated breath to hear.

Was surprised to hear about the Aidan Toua signing, I believe he had a lot of potential but only showed glimpses while at the Reds. But then some players who never showed too much at the Reds come down here and do brilliantly, so am pretty excited.

All in all looking forward to seeing what this group can do next year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So, what's going on with the props?

We've lost JP and Ruan, but gained Anae?

Isn't Anae a LH prop?

Seems Anae has been signed primarily as hooker backup. But can and has played prop - not sure which side.

Les Makin I believe played TH in the NRC last year. Alan Ala'alatoa played on the LH side but was a monster TH at the U20s a couple of years ago.

Then there is Phil Kite who I think played on the LH side for one of the Brisbane sides last year. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some time between now and next year Dan Palmer announces a come back. He must still have a passion for the game being on the Brumbies' coaching staff and it just might reignite the flame of wanting to play rather than stand on the sidelines. He is still a young man and would have plenty to offer. Would just need to put on a fair whack of condition.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
And also the fact he stripped a lot of weight off too.
I think there was an article running around here a fair bit ago that Palmer is still strong as a bull even he has stripped some weight.

So the question is, how much do you really need useless weight in scrums? At lower levels small-ish and strong guys go well.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyway, back to the Brumbies...

Sorry - my bad. (putting my hand up for getting the thread off track).

BJ - have you any heard anything to indicate what is the future of Lausii Taliauli? I think he showed enough for anther year at least.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
No I haven't but I can tell you he scored 2 tries in the Royals win over Queanbeyan yesterday. I would have thought he'd stay considering he was first choice when Speight got suspended against Wellington.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
No I haven't but I can tell you he scored 2 tries in the Royals win over Queanbeyan yesterday. I would have thought he'd stay considering he was first choice when Speight got suspended against Wellington.

Interestingly when he signed he said 7's in 2016 was on his agenda. I hope he does re-sign as I think he has big potential and now that Henry's off to the 7's I think he would be a show in for a spot.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Seems Anae has been signed primarily as hooker backup. But can and has played prop - not sure which side.

Then there is Phil Kite who I think played on the LH side for one of the Brisbane sides last year.

Albert Anae plays LH Prop and hooker, or at least did when in QLD - plenty were disappointed in QLD when he went to Italy and now he's gone to Canberra - probably says something about how out of favour QLD is for many players these days. I think he was regarded more as a prop who could play hooker, but maybe that was just where they needed the cover, didn't get a lot of opportunity but was well regarded.

Kite played for Brisbane City in the NRC last year at tight head and was well regarded. I thought he was on the Reds books but looks like another one that has got away. Both should be good for Vikings if they're there for the NRC and Brumbies in Super Rugby.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What about Dowsett and Powell?

They're both signed on..............

Dowsett - main squad

Powell - EPS

Status
Not open for further replies.