• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting to see a number of Brumbies players dropped from the Vikings starting lineup this week.........

Fielding a JID developed backrow of Staniforth/Oakman-Hunt/Noa.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Occasional Blues loosehead Nic Mayhew has signed on for 2017:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11706812

Solid enough for North Harbour & arguably a better scrummager than Tu'ungafasi so probably not a bad signing for you guys.

IMHO a long way off to even come close to remotely compensating for letting two really good props walk due to stupidity and emotional attachment. He may fill a hole for one year, but the void that the Brumbies stupidity has created will now take a few years to fix.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ruan Smith and Tyrell Lomax perhaps. Ruan is developing into a very good THP, but I think he walked of his own volition. Maybe didn't get the money he is looking for, but it did seem that he wanted to try elsewhere. Lomax was a standout at U20s and has tremendous potential. Shame he left, but probably thought he would get more game time at the Rebels than here. Unfortunately, for the Brumbies, he left before Ruan had decided also to go.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
With Ruan, I would love to find out if it was money or that he always seem to be considered a bench player, even after showing fantastic form last year and being talked about in Wallabies conversations (but not by Bernie etc). It was fairly well known that he has signed in Japan for the next few seasons so was getting good $$$ so i think this was about opportunity rather than $$$. I know the Brumbies were chasing Ruan, even after Lomax went) and I am suspicious Lomax may have though he was going to get stuck behind Ruan). IIRC, Bernie publicly stated he had some extra $$ due to the Pockcock situation and was going to look after some players so he had bargining power. Obviously Ruan didn't feel the love

I think ForceFan summed it up well in the Force thread - But you still have Benny!:rolleyes:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
With Ruan, I would love to find out if it was money or that he always seem to be considered a bench player, even after showing fantastic form last year and being talked about in Wallabies conversations (but not by Bernie etc). It was fairly well known that he has signed in Japan for the next few seasons so was getting good $$$ so i think this was about opportunity rather than $$$. I know the Brumbies were chasing Ruan, even after Lomax went) and I am suspicious Lomax may have though he was going to get stuck behind Ruan). IIRC, Bernie publicly stated he had some extra $$ due to the Pockcock situation and was going to look after some players so he had bargining power. Obviously Ruan didn't feel the love

I think Force Fan summed it up well in the Force thread - But you still have Benny!:rolleyes:
Where is he going ? And probably wanted to start ..But they resigned Benny A

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Unknown where Ruan is going as yet. Speculation Tah's were after him, but I fear it will be O/S somewhere - and as I have said before, I hope he does not get added to the list of lost players like Michael Ala'alatoa.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I wonder if their is any indication on Robbie playing 10 for the Brumbies given he is playing there in the NRC.

Would have thought Joost or JJH would simply be developed.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That could be the case. He does have 80 games to his credit whilst the others have 0 and 2 or so caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.