• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Any ideas why the Brumbies/ACTRU don't publish their annual report and financial statements?
Do you mean the figures that the ARU got independently forensically audited that are subject to the AFP investigation, that are suppressed due to a court order, were key in the Jones dispute and associated court dramas, have been scutinised in part for a Government audit in to land deals and the opposition wanting to set up a ICAC in the ACT to investigate them?

Held up at the printers I believe.

Fun fact. Did you know the land the Brumbies sold for $11.4Mil now has a development on it valued at more than $110Mil?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Do you mean the figures that the ARU got independently forensically audited that are subject to the AFP investigation, that are suppressed due to a court order, were key in the Jones dispute and associated court dramas, have been scutinised in part for a Government audit in to land deals and the opposition wanting to set up a ICAC in the ACT to investigate them?

Fun fact. Did you know the land the Brumbies sold for $11.4Mil now has a development on it valued at more than $110Mil?

Sounds like a shrewd property deal for someone

Reactions: mst

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

Was really refering to the ~19 years before that one but I take your point

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Was really refering to the ~19 years before that one but I take your point
I actually don't know and it's a question I would love to get answered. Fellow GAGRs have asked and it's still unanswered. So far no one can find them.

It really needs a curious and motivated GAGR to do a FOI request.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Sounds like a shrewd property deal for someone
Especially considering the land was subject to a special tax deal as part of it and went for under market value by all reports.

Mind boggles at the "what if" should the Brumbies were involved in the development and goes explain the ongoing bitter taste for a lot of people.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good news........

Brumbies need some new direction, and this should give them plenty of time to get the best possible candidate...........

But I will be fucking livid if they just give the gig to McKellar.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Laurie Fisher's contract in the UK would probably be finishing up around that time wouldn't it?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
So a former assistant perhaps? Matt O'Connor?

Doubtful, just signed on as assistant to the new Scottish national coach - who he has a long time working relationship with.

I'd say they plan in World Cup cycles, so he'll intend to be there until 2019.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Doubtful, just signed on as assistant to the new Scottish national coach - who he has a long time working relationship with.

I'd say they plan in World Cup cycles, so he'll intend to be there until 2019.
Matt Taylor has signed on a permanent basis, rather than consultancy, continuing their 4+ year partnership at Glasgow, not O'Connor.

Which is good for me, not for you (as a Scot to Australians)

Status
Not open for further replies.