• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I've never seen play Rob Valetini and I'm surprised cause Sean Maloney picked him as the possible rookie of the year.
He absolutely smashed someone in a tackle at the tens. Probably has something to do with. Think of a younger, fitter Ita Vaea potentially.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Rob played U20s for Victoria, NRC for the Rising and signed a full time deal for the Brumbies all as a schoolboy (first Vic schoolboy boy to sign a Pro contract as such as well possibly?) and if the rumours are true, Scott Johnson has already made contact, on the basis of a Scottish Grandparent.

Rookie of the year is a stretch too far IMO, there's Koirobete, Meakes, Maddocks, Rona, Lomax, Simone and Perese who're all both "rookies" and likely to regularly feature in their teams best 23, but that's an impressive Resume for someone not turning 19 till September.

^^agree.

He was on an full time EPS contract but his preseason form prompted the Brumbies to upgrade him to a full main squad contract for this year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's a lot of buzz about him but I don't believe we'll see much of him this year.........

Hopefully we'll be seeing him belt some young Kiwis in the U20's.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I would like to thank Fardy for all his achievements and great work with the brumbies. He gas set a high standard for all future players in his position...
And excellent news about Carter signing 2 more years with the brumbies... Both outstanding players... Always in the brumbies family... Look forward to your games in 2017...

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Brumbies were smart to side step Benny "the Blow" Basrba.

Bloke is a dipstick and a shit role model for anybody. Always the usual excuses.

Congratulations to Sam Carter. Stand out choice I reckon. Think the captaincy responsibility will actually improve his game.

PS: Congrats to you as well Mr D. Enjoy the journey !

Thanks Scrubber. I got a phone call tonight to inform me that Sam's nephew, (and my God-Daughter's son), Will Ridley, has signed with the Brumby Runners!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fardy is off to Leinster after 2017

Dang.......

He was the embodiment of the Brumbies resurgence under White, and the best, toughest 6 the Wallabies have had in forever..........

He will be missed.

Thankfully, Staniforth was such a revelation at 6 in the NRC that he should be able to slot in.......... we might now have a better chance to hang onto Enever.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'm wondering if Damien Hill's appointment as GM high performance and development is maybe a stop gap role until he takes over as head coach. It would give him a say in the current contract and recruitment negotiations while presumably not costing two head coaching salaries in the meantime.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Dang...

He was the embodiment of the Brumbies resurgence under White, and the best, toughest 6 the Wallabies have had in forever....

He will be missed.

Thankfully, Staniforth was such a revelation at 6 in the NRC that he should be able to slot in.... we might now have a better chance to hang onto Enever.

Agree wholeheartedly about Scott, Slim. After he goes, there is also Tom Cusack and maybe Ben Hyne in the mix for the 6 spot as well as Staniforth. I did like the look of Cusack in the trials and think he will be pushing hard to get in there.

Reactions: mst

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Screenshot 2017-03-03 14.28.04.png

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sydney Uni side:
The team to face the Brumby Runners in our last preseason fixture before full Club trials commence next week is:
1. William Ridley
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Wayne Borsack
4. Jack Stanford
5. Harry Williams
6. Byron Wicken
7. Jack McCalman
8. Hugh Frazer
9. Banjo Travers
10. Christian Kagiassis
11. Matthew Narracott
12. Jack Redden
13. Gregory Jeloudev
14. Richie Williams
15. James Kane
16. Declan Moore
17. Jay Spencer
18. Lepani Matea Tuirara
19. Jack Jones
20. Callum McIntosh
21. Jack Blair
22. Hamiora Mihaka
22. Nick DeCrespigny
23. Daniel Calavassy
24. Sam Renton
25. Sam Gerry Burgess

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Both the Faingga boys gone off the brumbies radar ? ... hope to see them sometime soon in either Brumby Runners or the super team...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Mr Doug above reported Will Ridley signed with the BRs. Is he the same W Ridley playing in the front row for Syd Uni?

Status
Not open for further replies.