• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Im beginning to suspect that the Brumbies surprising form, visible team cohesion and playing style are not the work of Bernie, who wasn't around for most of the pre season when the hard work of forming a team and setting standards is done.

The Brumbies are looking very similar to McKellars Vikings teams atm, and as much as I hate the carntz, they playing winning, and RUNNING, rugby.

McKellars NRC team never came close to running rugby in the 2 games they were under him. IIRC the team was so forwards orientated it was ridiculous. It does not bode well if he has to much influence over the team.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
This isn't aimed as a spolitical post, but more a statement of fact. This is a bit of chicken or the egg first stuff.

ACT Government saying if the Brumbies are cut, there'll be no new stadium in Civic if there's only 1 tennant, being the Raiders.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...-the-same-chopping-block-20170322-gv40j6.html

Political or not, its not a bad strategy to help push the Brumbies case. I would be interested in the NRL's reaction and those pushing for an A-League team or soccer supporters in general.

Considering the success of the Canberra women's soccer team, and events like the AFC its a big call by the Government but in some respects understandable.

IMHO if it is the Government playing politics, its certainly catch up politics as when they had the chance they put their money on the other horse and missed out on having the Brumbies in the black financially with its supporter base intact if not on the increase.

Eitherway, I hope it helps the cause.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Looks like Lord Laurie is off the market...

0524cb6b3bed3cf685ead2e75c512995.jpg

Love the payment method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Or, he just wants free piss. You know him better than I, so you'd know the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Larkham says he will keep up with the squad rotation policy for the entire season. To me that's a smart move for a young squad. Build depth now while you have that as an excuse.

Already in front of the rest of the Aussie pack so by the time the depth is built they'll have a gulf between them and the rest.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Gee, old mate Spiro, "the world's foremost rugby authority" has got you blokes already hooked into a merger with the Rebels. No doubt the Rebels will be the senior partner because of that private ownership/

Whilst the Brums produce little talent themselves they have produced plenty of absolute champions from young and older guys from Qld and NSW. Dunno why but that's a fact.

Hopefully Australian rugby keeps its 5 franchises but it even appears the ARU has already gone soft-cocked so one will be cut.

Spiro is the Voice

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Greg Growden, a rugby journalist with a great knowledge of what is being talked about in the closed off world of rugby officialdom, reckons that if Australia is to be allowed only four teams, then the Brumbies franchise should be moved to Melbourne and link up and strengthen the Rebels.

Gold.........

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies are safe.
Some may remember it was Growden who announced that the rugby heavies were out to get me because of my posting on here.
They did a world wide search, and you had left there car park.. how sneaky of you..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.