• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
'Peni out to ensure signing with the Brumbies isn't a last Chance saloon...'

Thank you and good evening. I'll see myself out.

T

TOCC

Brumbies take a Chance by spending their last Peni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Lot of humour going on with play on words surrounding the new signings and how much they might cost. Ha ha.

But seriously, what does the roster look like now and what might be the game day squad to start 2018?

Some thoughts :

1 - 15.

Sio, Mann-Rea, Ala'alatoa, Rory Arnold, Enever, Valetini, Pocock, Naisarani, Powell, Lealiifano, Peni, Dargaville, Kuridrani, Speight, Banks.

16 - 23.

Fainga'a, Mayhew, Makin, Carter, Cusack, Lucas, Hawera, Verity-Am.

Others in contention would be Abel, Alexander, Sione, Richie Arnold, Hyne, Fakosolea, Godwin, Smith, Taliauli, Muirhead.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Was that a can of worms I heard you open BR? Gee, have you forgotten to include Godwin? :)

I like it but I also like the idea of a Hawera / Lilo 10/12 combo.

Do I dare I ask about who will be captain?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lot of humour going on with play on words surrounding the new signings and how much they might cost. Ha ha.

But seriously, what does the roster look like now and what might be the game day squad to start 2018?

Some thoughts :

1 - 15.

Sio, Mann-Rea, Ala'alatoa, Rory Arnold, Enever, Valetini, Pocock, Naisarani, Powell, Lealiifano, Peni, Dargaville, Kuridrani, Speight, Banks.

16 - 23.

Fainga'a, Mayhew, Makin, Carter, Cusack, Lucas, Hawera, Verity-Am.

Others in contention would be Abel, Alexander, Sione, Richie Arnold, Hyne, Godwin, Smith, Taliauli.

Faaaark, good starting team and some pretty not-shit reserves. That back row could be, um, useful.

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's going to be some ridiculous depth in some positions for teams this year......... it's almost as if we have the playing stocks for say, five teams?

Out of Carter, R Arnold 1, R Arnold 2 (we're going to have to come up with some names to fix this conundrum), Enever, and Swain two will miss out every week..........

Muirhead's form in the NRC would've seen him as a possible starter up until the recent signings - and where do you play Dargaville?

I don't see the coaches dumping Godwin, but on form I'd have to rank him behind the other options being floated - I would love to see the coaches make those tough decisions and reward the form of guys who played well late in the Soup this year and into the NRC.

In the backrow I would favour starting Cusack at first to add extra height in the lineout, and then bring on Valetini for impact.

Cusack having played at 7 in the NRC (and dominating in that position) has been a masterstroke with Pocock's history of injuries.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
There's a solid chance that we have both Ritchie and Enever on the bench instead of a backrower like Cusack or Fakaosilea, with Enever as backrow cover. I still think we're going to go with both Hawera and Lealiifano in the backline (in some order), and its clear that McKellar rates Taliauli and Muirhead, so I expect them ahead of Peni and Rona.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Out of Carter, R Arnold 1, R Arnold 2 (we're going to have to come up with some names to fix this conundrum), Enever, and Swain two will miss out every week....

8585360-3x4-700x933.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's a solid chance that we have both Ritchie and Enever on the bench instead of a backrower like Cusack or Fakaosilea, with Enever as backrow cover. I still think we're going to go with both Hawera and Lealiifano in the backline (in some order), and its clear that McKellar rates Taliauli and Muirhead, so I expect them ahead of Peni and Rona.

I forgot about Taliauli......... he was quite strong off the bench for Vikings.

I don't think we'll need to have 2 locks on the bench - although Enever can cover 6 (at NRC level) I think our backrow stocks are too strong and we'll be better covered having all 4 of Pocock, Cusack, Valetini and Naisarani in the 23......... granted, Cusack and Valetini now need to bring their NRC form to Super Rugby.

We're certainly going to see a lot of squad rotation next year, and the year after......... and then a lot of fringe players will be going overseas or to Twiggy ball.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Do you know something about Rona the rest of us don't RC? Last I heard, he was likely heading to the Waratahs.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Slim, I noticed on another thread a mention that Aden Tuoa might be heading back to the Brumbies for 2018. How do you feel?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slim, I noticed on another thread a mention that Aden Tuoa might be heading back to the Brumbies for 2018. How do you feel?

Thankfully that post was based around what someone thought they read somewhere..........

I very much doubt he's returning, and even in the faint chance they did sign him (how could they?) I can't see him getting anywhere near the 23 on recent signings.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is what I've tried to track.

Not sure about Nick Jooste?

Hookers:
Josh Mann-Rea
Robbie Abel
Folau Fainga'a

Props:
Scott Sio
Allan Ala'alatoa