• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
So we finally get to see
Valetini
Cock
Naisirani

Got a full chubb for this.

Why the fuk is Kyle Godwin still getting picked? He's been shite, and is leaving anyway. What the fuck does JJH have to do to get a gig?

Good to see Muirhead retained too, he's excellent.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
We've now lost five on the bounce. Last time this happened was 2011, and again in the middle of 2005. The only time we've lost six in a row as back in 1998.

Meanwhile, the next worst run of games in the comp is a two loss streak. It's like there's still a competitive streak in every team but ours.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
It was never an issue for O'Connor

Nor the McKenzies or J Wilkinson. Apparently some still think its about size rather than how you you it.
:p

7cms and 6kgs - difference between being a Wallaby 10 and not getting much game time. time.

Scoring more points improves your defence immensely.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Agree regarding JJH- everytime he's gotten on the field he's been pretty decent- an upgrade on Godwin at the minimum. Why the relutance to give him time?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rory Arnold suspended for 3 weeks.

He got his sentence effectively halved (clean record, early plea etc) as mid range for dangerous tackling is 6 weeks.

Moody got his sentence halved (clean record, early plea etc) as mid range for striking is 4 weeks.

World Rugby guidelines: https://www.worldrugby.org/handbook/regulations/reg-17/appendix-3?lang=en

I don't think dangerous tackling is more heinous than striking. Tackling has a place in the game, and goes wrong. Keep the 6-week mid-range entry.

Striking has no place in the game and should merit at least the same scheme.

Reactions: TSR

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Agree regarding JJH- everytime he's gotten on the field he's been pretty decent- an upgrade on Godwin at the minimum. Why the relutance to give him time?

Have a good look at his defense. Very questionable against a bigger opponent. Maybe that's the issue with his smaller size counting against him.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He got his sentence effectively halved (clean record, early plea etc) as mid range for dangerous tackling is 6 weeks.

Moody got his sentence halved (clean record, early plea etc) as mid range for striking is 4 weeks.

World Rugby guidelines: https://www.worldrugby.org/handbook/regulations/reg-17/appendix-3?lang=en

I don't think dangerous tackling is more heinous than striking. Tackling has a place in the game, and goes wrong. Keep the 6-week mid-range entry.

Striking has no place in the game and should merit at least the same scheme.
LOGIC?! get the fuck outta here with that shit.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Have a good look at his defense. Very questionable against a bigger opponent. Maybe that's the issue with his smaller size counting against him.

Possibly. But when you look at the usual centre 3 have a tackle effectiveness mark of 69% or below (Speight is at 69% as well to provide you with some context), if he can help our attack we would be ahead of where we are. Only one way to find out and nothing to lose. He wouldn't be the first 10 or 12 you hide in defence. ;)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Struck me as strange when both Pocock and Naisarani were given an early shower v the Lions. And I think it coincided with Carter's yc and was after CLL had already been replaced. All of the team leaders off the ground at the same time. Most baffling. Think it was pre-planned to bring Cusack and McCaffrey on together despite the game situation. McCaffrey again had a forgettable match. Won't be missed if let go next year.

Reactions: mst

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I still think our best backrow is McCaffrey-Pocock-Naisarani. McCaffrey has shown enough this year for me to believe that he has the quality to deliver at this level; I get the poor form arguments, but I think there's a bit of a free pass for players this year when our head coach is this bad.

Agree with you, BR, that the pre-planned substitutions were poor. Maybe there was faith in Cusack to take charge, or maybe I'm trying too hard to explain away one of McKellar's deficiencies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I still think our best backrow is McCaffrey-Pocock-Naisarani. McCaffrey has shown enough this year for me to believe that he has the quality to deliver at this level; I get the poor form arguments, but I think there's a bit of a free pass for players this year when our head coach is this bad.

Agree with you, BR, that the pre-planned substitutions were poor. Maybe there was faith in Cusack to take charge, or maybe I'm trying too hard to explain away one of McKellar's deficiencies.
I think the injury has set McCaffrey back.. I also think Cusack had his best game against the Rebels. I'd put him at 6 this week if Valetini is out..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It just wasn't obvious to me who was meant to be captain when all three leaders were missing. Was it Cusack? I will have to jdisagree about LMc. After showing some good signs in early season, I don't think he has progressed at all and the last couple of games he has been almost horrendous; missed tackles, very poor decisions Including kicking the ball away with multiple supports outside, and very little line bending effect. Cusack, I think, has been much better. I hope to see Cusack replace Valetini this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.