• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ikitau is already showing a lot more than what Kuridrani had on display at the same point in his Brumbies career, and the future could be very bright for him; Kuridrani is only really behind Jonathan Davies in the world, so how far could Len go?

That said, I'm very hesitant to get caught up in the hype yet. 13 is such a cerebral position, and Kuridrani was vastly inferior to Andrew Smith until he truly developed his mental game; there isn't an international 13 with better positioning than him, and his decision making in almost good enough to be 10 or fullback. So, while the future is bright, it depends on a lot of development.

B

Bobby Sands

I just wish Kurindrani could create space for others & pass. His contact work is elite.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I just wish Kurindrani could create space for others & pass. His contact work is elite.

tenor.gif

34fd7f38ee9534f17efc0c11644fa629.jpggettyimages-539394118-1024x1024.jpgSuper+Rugby+Rd+5+Brumbies+v+Highlanders+0QVTehP8kZ2x.jpg

Would it be great if he did it more often? Yes. Is he unable to do it? wtfno.

B

Bobby Sands

Reactions: TSR

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Brumby Runners are playing Friday v some Auckland team.

Vunipola FIFITA
Connal MCINERNEY
Tom ROSS
Darcy SWAIN
Murray DOUGLAS
Lachlan OSBORNE
Jack FARRELL
Jahrome BROWN
Ryan LONERGAN
Noah LOLESIO
Mack HANSEN
Bayley KUENZLE
Len IKITAU
Lincoln SMITH
Jordan JACKSON-HOPE
REPLACEMENTS
Fred KAIHEA
TP LUTERU
Angus WAGNER
Ben LOVE
Rory SCOTT
Seamus SMITH
Will GODDARD
Brendan JIMENEZ
Billy CARBERRY

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reg, don't know where you get hold of some of the articles, but much appreciated.

That Runner squad could well be the foundation of the post RWC Brumbies' team in a couple of years.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Toni Pulu out for 6-8 weeks
Henry Speight a week-to-week proposition
Lausii Taliauli should be ok next week but is also week-to-week.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Brumbies experts; is Slipper now preferred ahead of Sio or are they just going to rotate the two equally?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Slipper is inferior to Sio, but the best way to measure where he is after his injuries is to start him. He’s still a good tackler, and does his work around the park, but so does Sio. When it comes to the running game, winning turnovers, and scrummaging, Sio is better.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Slipper was awesome a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly he was GAGR player of the year one year (surely the Gold Standard of player recognition).

Then he got an injury. Then he got another one. He’s never been the same.

I can’t help but wonder if the break last year has given him the space to get his body right. I hope so. Would love to see him kick in to become the prop he looked destined to be early in his career.

Sio is a fine player too, but had his own issues last year. It’ll be intriguing watching the two of them jostle for position. Likely to be a double act duplicated for the Wallabies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Slipper looked a little tender through much of the NRC last year, he came off more then one occasion after spending time on the ground injured, and watching him in the brumbies trials he also went down with a rib injury. Not sure what injuries he is carrying, but I suspect he is overdue for a shoulder surgery or two, and is hoping to postpone them as long as possible

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Muirhead is probably the best footballer out of all our wingers, not the quickest or the the strongest, but he kicks well catches well fends well everything you want in a winger..
Bringing this over from the match thread. I think tremendously highly of Muirhead, who many fans seem to dismiss as the next Robbie Coleman (i.e. technically gifted but too small).

Maybe I'm biased towards a Royals player who plays like Joe Roff, but his main (and only significant) weakness in my eyes is his defensive game being dependent on awareness and positioning. His tackling is competent-to-good, and it's not like someone will smoke him one-on-one, but his defence is so dependent on his mentality that confidence and form is the difference between making 10 tackles and missing 20.

Where do you guys rank Muirhead in our current crop? I'd rate him below Taliauli, but over everyone else.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
This too small stuff gets over done - think of Shane Williams for wales...

Andy Muirhead for my mine I think pretty good amongst the current crop but yes some healthy competition for wing positions given depth of talent they have at their disposal.